Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Birthday Week

I'm visiting Mom in Ohio for my birthday week celebration. And, it's been wonderful. But, this post only has one book-related part to it, so feel free to skip it unless you want to see silly pictures, and photos of Pygmy goats.

I drove in Saturday from Indiana, and my sisters, Linda and Christie came in Sunday. When the four of us get together, that always means lots of laughter. And, a few tears. Linda started off the tears when she gave me a present, a copy of To Dance, To Dream, one of those books I loved from my childhood, and didn't have.



And, then, of course there was the funny parts of the visit. Linda's card to me had a picture of two little kids, one with a bucket on its head. "It's your birthday, so take it easy. Relax. Wear a bucket on your head. Whatever." (I have a picture of me when I was a kid with a bucket on my head.) So, my birthday celebration was a re-enactment.


And, check out the birthday cake. Christie made wonderful cream puffs filled with chocolate mousse. Perfect for one birthday candle!



And, I don't want anyone to think we sit around playing on computers and don't talk. This was serious preparation. We made our airline reservations for our June trip to New York City, and we picked out places to go while we're there.




Christie, Mom and I worked on some jigsaw puzzles from the library. It's easy to visit while doing that.




And, we had a jam-packed day yesterday. Mom & I visited Jim's aunt, went to the public library to pick up more puzzles, and then picked up Christie. The three of us headed to a wonderful little shop called The Golden Acorn, where Christie and I bought gifts. Then off to lunch with an aunt, uncle and cousin, and then to my aunt and uncle's house to talk. I just love having the chance to get together with family. That just means more stories and laughter.

And, before going home, we went out to the farm where my niece, Elizabeth, keeps her nineteen Pygmy goats. Four of them were just born in the last two weeks. Perfect ending to the day, with one more day of the visit to come. So, for those of you who love the pictures of the Pygmy goats, here are pictures - two of me with goats, my Mom with the little camel-colored one (Diana or Artemis), and Christie with a little black one.





It's been a wonderful birthday week!

20 comments:

holdenj said...

Of course I had to keep reading to see the pygmy goats!!
But seriously, how nice you can all be together. It looks like you are having a great birthday! Have a happy day!!

Pat Rayman said...

Happy Birthday Lesa. It's always fun for me when you post family pictures. Hope your new year is wonderful.

Lesa said...

Of course. If I have to tempt you with Pygmy goats, I will! It' sheen a terrific week. Thank you!

Lesa said...

We were talking about you the other day, Pat. Really, your Happy Hollisters books. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Brenda Buchanan said...

Sweet photos, Lesa. Happy Birthday!

Kay said...

What a fun time and thanks for sharing your sweet family and goats with us! And I have bought that exact card with bucket! Don't remember who I gave it to. Someone I knew pretty well obviously. I did notice that you didn't share the original picture of you with bucket on the head. LOL

I totally understand the tears about the gift of the well-loved book. How very sweet! And Happy Birthday!!

TFJ said...

Happy Birthday, Lesa! I love the fact that you extend the celebration to a birthday "week." I'm known for telling friends and loved ones to enjoy their birthday "season." Your extended celebration sounds just perfect; may your birthday "season" be filled with sweet surprises and miraculous moments.

~Tricia

Patricia T said...

Happy birthday! Glad your week has been so wonderful!

Page said...

Happy Birthday. The goats are adorable enjoy your week.

Lesa said...

Thank you, everyone. It's been a wonderful week! And, I appreciate all your notes!

Judy Stewart said...

Our families love jigsaw puzzles too. We especially enjoyed them when we're visiting at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I didn't know some libraries check them out. That's a good idea. Ravenscraft is my favorite brand of puzzles.

Happy Birthday!

Karen B said...

Happy Birthday!

Kaye Barley said...

What a wonderful birthday trip you had, Lesa. I adore your family and appreciate you sharing them with us.
xxoo
Kaye

Lesa said...

Kaye, I adore my family, too. We had so much fun! I had a great, relaxing birthday trip. Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone. I'm back home, safely. Judy, I certainly don't do puzzles at my house with 4 cats. I just have to play them on my IPad. But, it's so much fun when I go home.

Birdhouse Books said...

Happy Birthday, Lesa! It sounds like you had a wonderful week. I absolutely loved the pics of the pygmy goats - what fun!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Birdhouse Books. Great week. And those Pygmy goats are adorable.

Betty Woodrum said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Visiting!

Lesa said...

Thanks, Betty! It was a terrific week. Back to work today.

curtis03 Lewis said...

Wow, this was an interesting visit! I am impressed that you both solved those puzzles quite easily. Thanks for the pictures! On my mom’s birthday, we will be visiting Los Angeles to attend some classic music events at one of the historical halls in Los Angeles. It’s so exciting!

Lesa said...

Mom's the puzzle expert in the family, not me. If it was just me, I would have been working on those puzzles for months. Enjoy your visit with your mom and the music events. There's nothing like spending time with family.