Tuesday, February 24, 2015

What Are You Reading?

Hmmm. Talking to Mom for an hour and a half, or finishing my book? I went with talking with Mom, which I'd always do. (I told her the other day she could call in the middle of a Duke game, and she wouldn't ever be interrupting.) So, I'm halfway through Snow Way Out, the first in a mystery series by Christine Husom. The manager of a curio shop that specializes in snow globes finds a snow globe on her shelf, picturing a man on a park bench. After she locks up and walks through the park, she finds a man dead, posed in the same position as the snow globe showed.

Did you finish a book last night, or are you partway through one? Let us know what you're reading.


12 comments:

Patricia T said...

This sounds interesting!

SandyG265 said...

I started Snow Way Out a few weeks ago, read a couple of chapters and haven't picked it up since. I just started Stirring The Plot by Daryl Wood Gerber.

Nann said...

I'm nearly finished with Hush Hush, the new novel by Laura Lippman featuring Tess Monaghan. The ARC says publication date is February, 2015. I'm not sure of the precise release date.

Kay said...

OK, that snow globe scene sounds a little creepy. LOL

I'm reading Deborah Crombie's newest, before she gets another one out. Ha! It's TO DWELL IN DARKNESS. I love Duncan and Gemma.

Page said...

I just finished the ARC of Gretchen Rubin's new book Better Than Before. Now I'm reading Steve Berry's The King's Deception and an ARC of Elizabeth Berg's Dream Lover.

Lesa said...

All of your books sound good! I've read the Crombie (love her!); haven't read the others, although I'm familiar with all the authors. Thanks for sharing!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi Lesa! I'm reading "The Poacher's Daughter" by Michael Zimmer. It's definitely not a cozy, but it sure is a good western novel with an wonderful female main character.

Carol N Wong said...

Almost finished with Next to Love by Ellen Feldman. This book makes me think about the effects of war on marriage, the people in battle and children. Good Book!

Also started listening to Driving the King by Ravi Howard. Makes me long for some Nat King Cole music. I can remember when he had a show, his voice was so beautiful.



Lesa said...

Patricia! A good western with a wonderful female main character. That's good to know. A little unusual, isn't it?

Lesa said...

Carol, I'm glad you're happy with both books.

Leemarie said...

Not a mystery, but a book club choice: The Boys in the Boat. It's an interesting story about the American rowing team that won the gold medal in the 1936 Berlin Olympics. But LOTS of historical and personal detail makes for slow going.

Lesa said...

Well, that answered my question, Leemarie when you said slow going. I've heard a lot about it, but hadn't picked it up. Probably still won't.