Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What Are You Reading?

Last night, I had to finish a book for Library Journal, and review it. I'll be reviewing it here at the end of March, just before release date. Those last one hundred pages meant I didn't have time to finish a book. I just started the latest Carpenter and Quincannon mystery, The Body Snatchers Affair by Marcia Muller and Bill Pronzini.

Since I don't have a book to talk about, let's talk about what you're reading. What book are you reading? Or what did you just finish? Or, are you starting a new book? Nosy readers would like to know!

8 comments:

Bill Crider said...

I'm reading the new Rick Bragg biography of Jerry Lee Lewis. Very entertaining.

Rosemary said...

I'm re-reading the wonderful Cazalet novels by Elizabeth Jane Howard, but as I've just been sent 2 books to review, I may have to put the Cazalets aside for a while.

Lesa said...

Bill, I heard Rick Bragg talk about the book at the Southern Festival of Books. He's entertaining. I'm glad he could make the book entertaining, because I've never been interested in his subject in that one.

Lesa said...

I know where you're coming from, Rosemary! Commitments and deadlines.

Karen Reittinger said...

Halfway through Wink of an Eye by Lynn Chandler Willis.

Lesa said...

I hope you're enjoying it, Karen.

Margie Bunting said...

I recently finished Small Blessings by Martha Woodruff--thanks for the recommendation, Lesa, I really loved it. I also enjoyed Martin Short's autobiography, I Must Say. Right now I'm reading Beth Harbison's Driving With the Top Down and having a difficult time getting into it, although I usually enjoy her books. It's probably because my sinus infection has made me morose!

Lesa said...

Oh, Margie. So sorry about the sinus infection! I'm glad you liked Small Blessings, though!