Saturday, December 20, 2014

New York City - Dream Trip - Wednesday

Wednesday was a triple threat. We met the married couple, Marc and Alice, who make up the writing team of Cleo Coyle. We had a wonderful lunch at Pigalle, both food and conversation.



While Anna and Alice headed off to see A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder, I went across the street to see You Can't Take It With You with James Earl Jones and Mark Linn-Baker. Just think! I was about six feet from James Earl Jones. This one was just a fun play.



Anna and I had dinner reservations for Pigalle again. Loved their French onion soup. And, then, for a final time, we headed to A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder. If you've never seen this show, you don't know how clever and fun it is. Bryce Pinkham is leaving in January to be in The Heidi Chronicles. I just can't picture the show without him.

So, I'll end with a taste of that show, the Tony Award-winning A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder.


2 comments:

Cleo Coyle said...

Loved the clever staging of the multiple murders in Gentleman's Guide (Jefferson Mays was my fave). Marc and I were so happy to finally meet you after all these years and be able thank you for all you do for readers and writers. Waves to Anna, too, a wonderful play-mate!

Lesa said...

Jefferson Mays was wonderful, wasn't he? He was equally amazing as the ghosts in A Christmas Carol. Alice, it was wonderful to meet both you and Marc. Thank you for lunch, and the wonderful conversation. I'm always in awe of talented writers.