Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

Family, food, travel, Christmas movies. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are probably two days that most people are too busy to pick up a book. I'll save a review of a novel about Los Alamos for after Christmas.

Instead, I hope you're enjoying your holiday traditions, however you celebrate. If that means quiet time, just for you, I hope you enjoy the solitude and the time to reflect. If you're celebrating time with family and friends, I hope you appreciate them.

Celebrations change over the years. My family often celebrated on Christmas Eve because my father worked shift work and wasn't always home on Christmas Day. And, we made Christmas Eve trips to my grandparents' house, and then looked for Rudolph's nose in the sky on the way home. Once I was married, Jim and I celebrated on Christmas Eve with food and special Christmas readings. This year, I'm heading to friends' for dinner.

Merry Christmas Eve! It may be a busy day for you, or the calm before the hecticness of Christmas Day. I wish you a few moments to yourself, a little quiet time, maybe for a Christmas reading or two. And, I wish you memories of those you love.


7 comments:

Christie said...

Love you, Lesa. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and sending my love.
Mom

Ingrid King said...

Merry Christmas, Lesa!

Patricia T said...

Merry Christmas, Lesa!

Mason Canyon said...

Merry Christmas, Lesa.

Beth Hoffman said...

Wishing you and the fur-babies a lovely Christmas, my friend. Sending love from Kentucky!

Lesa said...

Thank you, and hugs, and Christmas wishes to all of you! I love you all!