Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Road Trip

I've been in Ohio this past weekend, visiting Mom, and catching up with my sisters. Actually, we went to a cemetery, and spent time doing some genealogy. It's been a lot of fun. So, I won't be around all day to discuss books. I'm driving home.

Instead, I have a tombstone to share with you. This isn't a relative, but the most interesting tombstone we saw at the cemetery. It could generate some interesting stories.


It says, "In memory of Hannah Snow, the mother of Willard & Robert Snow his brother who were murdered June 2, 1812 by the British Indians and he and two sisters carried prisoners to Canada at the same time."

There's quite a story there.

3 comments:

Beth Hoffman said...

I would LOVE to know the story behind those folks!

Patricia T said...

I'm sure you had a wonderful trip!
I wish I had a picture of a tombstone, from the area where I grew up. It is for a woman, who was taken by the Indians, as a young girl. Here's a link, with her story, http://files.usgwarchives.net/va/alleghany/cemeteries/lonestar.txt

Lesa said...

Me, too, Beth. And, Patricia? It seems there a lot more "captive" stories than we think. We have a rumored one in our family, about my great-grandmother, so this was interesting to all of us.