Thursday, November 27, 2014

P.D. James, R.I.P.

P.D. James, author of eighteen crime novels, including the mysteries featuring Commander Adam
Dalgliesh, died today in Oxford, England. She was 94.

I can't do justice to the death of one of the masters, an author who championed the mystery genre. Instead, here's the link to the New York Times article by Marilyn Stasio, http://nyti.ms/1ryOc3s. But, no fan of the genre can ignore her death.

Rest in peace, P.D. James, Baroness James of Holland Park.

2 comments:

Bonnie K. said...

If I remember correctly, there were some BBC shows based on her books. I grew up reading some of her books and watching tv shows and movies based on her books. Death Comes to Pemberley was the most recent one.

Lesa said...

You're right, Bonnie. There were some BBC shows. I wasn't a fan of the book Death Comes to Pemberley, but I did appreciate Dalgleish.