Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow

When you think Little Golden Books, you might think of books for children. But, Diane Muldrow's Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book is for memories and the child in all of us. If you had Little Golden Books in your childhood, these illustrations will bring back memories.

The story itself is nothing special, a story that says you could be cranky about the holidays, but you'd miss all the joy of family and faith. But, it's all those wonderful pictures that will make you nostalgic. The illustrations are all footnoted, telling what book they originally appeared in, the author and the illustrator. If you grew up to read Stuart Little, Charlotte's Web or Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House books, Garth Williams was the illustrator. He also illustrated Little Golden Books. Margaret Wise Brown, author of Goodnight Moon, wrote Little Golden Books. And, Richard Scarry's adorable animals appeared in those books.

If The Poky Little Puppy and The Gingerbread Man makes you nostalgic, Muldrow's Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book will make you smile.

Diane Muldrow's website is www.dianemuldrow.com

Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow. 2014. ISBN 9780375973741 (hardcover).

*****
Library book


1 comment:

Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books said...

This book sounds wonderful! I love Little Golden Books ( and have saved alot of them thru the years ) =)

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!