Thursday, September 11, 2014

TBR Piles

I had to finish a book last night for a review for a journal, so I haven't had much time to read for myself. I did get a chance to run home on my lunch hour, though, and pick up all of my packages. Books, of course! So, here's what I opened today.



Out of all those books, though, the one I started is one that I actually bought, The Moment of Everything by Shelly King. Some of the others aren't due out yet, so those books are going on my TBR (to be read) pile. So, what are you reading right now, and what's on your TBR pile at the moment?

11 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I just finished The Hot Zone by Jayne Castle. Not sure what I'm going to start next. Maybe Seanan McGuire's new October Daye book.

Lesa said...

It's been a while since I read one of Jayne Castle's books. Thanks for reminding me of them, Sandy!

Page said...

Sins & Needles by Karina Halle
Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner

Becky K. said...

I just finished "Sweet Tea Revenge" by Laura Childs last night, and started "The Good Girl" by Mary Kubica. (It's very creepy.)

I'm not sure what to read next. My TBR pile is massive.

Lesa said...

Sins & Needles sounds like a cozy, Page. And, Becky? Good luck with The Good Girl. I don't often read creepy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. I have library books, including Margaret Maron's latest, Designated Daughters. But today I received Festive in Death (Roberts/Robb) and Eve Dallas always comes first!

I'd be interested in your opinion of Maron's book, Lesa.

Judith

Lesa said...

I don't know if it's even in my pile anyplace, Judith. I do know my friend, Kaye Barley, loved it.

Karen C said...

Currently reading four friends by Robyn Carr. It's good.

Lesa said...

Good to hear, Karen. I think that's in one of my TBR piles, too.

caryn said...

The Long Way Home by Louise Penny is where my bookmark is right now. Designated Daughters by Margaret Maron is next up or the newest of the Linda Castillo book-both are library books so I'll have to see which has the earlier due date. My TBR pile is mountains high. Mountains upon mountains.

Lesa said...

Nothing at all wrong with mountains, Caryn. Quite beautiful at times. ;)