Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday Picks and Piles

Today, I have choices for you. First, I wanted to share a website and product for booklovers. It's called It's "a greeting card sold complete with a red mailing envelope. The entire front of the card is perforated changing the product into a bookmark.... Wide enough for a short note, they fit comfortably inside a paperback."

There are eighteen different cards to pick from, beginning with the greeting "in my book..." and conclude with lines such as "you're novel", "you're top shelf." Robin K. Blum, creator of the company, said the double-entendres are only one more example of the cards serving double duty.

These are high-quality cards, just perfect to send to another book lover, or keep for yourself.

Check them out at, or here.

And, I have three of them to give away. Email me at Your subject line should say, "Win Inmybook." Please include your name and mailing address. Entries from the U.S. and Canada will be accepted this time. And, I'll end the contest on Thursday, Oct. 2 at 6 p.m. CT.

If you don't want to order bookmarks, you might want to talk about your TBR pile (although, I need a stack of bookmarks to go in the books in my TBR pile). What are you reading right now? What's sitting beside your regular reading spot?

I admit I read multiple books at a time, and then I take whatever book I'm closest to finishing to work with me to read at lunch. It's Sunday, so I'm reading six of them, but I'll be finishing Kathy Aarons' Death is Like a Box of Chocolates today. My sister gave it high marks. I'm also reading Michael Sloan's The Equalizer. I loved the television show. I'm thinking about seeing the movie next weekend. I just received Betty Webb's latest Lena Jones mystery, Desert Rage. I've barely started it. I have Garth Stein's A Sudden Light. Diane Chamberlain's The Silent Sister looks intriguing. And, I have Frances Mayes' memoir Under Magnolia. She's appearing at the Southern Festival of Books in Nashville in a couple weeks.

So, take your pick. You can enter the contest. You can share what you're reading. Or you can do both! Lazy Sundays are for hitting that TBR pile in my opinion. Tell us what you're reading today.


SandyG265 said...

I just finished reading Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs. I'm going to try a nonfiction book next; Pro Cycling on $10 ADay by Phil Gaimon

Lesa said...

Good morning, Sandy. Thanks for kicking off the TBR pile discussion. As I said, I always enjoy seeing what others are reading.

Patricia T said...

Wow! You are a reader! I want to read "Death is Like a Box of Chocolates".
My next book TBR is "Fat Cat at Large", by Janet Cantrell (Kaye George).
Have a great week!

Lesa said...

Really enjoying "Death is Like a Box of Chocolates", Patricia. I like the characters.

Page said...

I too read multiple books. I have two I'm reading for our upcoming book club discussions and one for review by an upcoming author.

The Land Uncharted by Keely Brooke Keith
The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard

Happy Reading Lesa

Lesa said...

And, happy reading to you, too, Page! You don't have easy reading. I always pay close attention when I'm reading for a book discussion. I hope you enjoy all of them!

Carol N Wong said...

Currently reading Leaving Home by Jodi Picoult and Tei: A Memoir of The End of the War and Beginning of Peace by Tei Fujiwara.

They are both great!