Monday, September 22, 2014

October's Cozy Mysteries from Penguin's Berkley Prime Crime & Obsidian



What better month to feature a black cat than the October featured cozy mysteries? Jinx certainly wanted a role today. In fact, he was such a nuisance that I included Sheila Connolly's book, Picked to Die, twice because he knocked over the camera, and caused all kinds of havoc. I left that in for you to see. It's my guess that Jinx knows October is for black cats.

I hope you enjoy this month's mysteries as much as Jinx did. Here are the featured books.

One Potion in the Grave by Heather Blake - 2nd Magic Potion Mystery
Literally Murder by Ali Brandon - 4th Black Cat Bookshop Mystery
Gilt Trip by Laura Childs - 11th Scrapbooking Mystery, 1st time in paperback
Picked to Die by Sheila Connolly - 8th Orchard Mystery
Stirring the Plot by Daryl Wood Gerber - 3rd Cookbook Nook Mystery
Bless Her Dead Little Heart by Miranda James - 1st Southern Ladies Mystery
A Midwinter's Tale by Sofie Kelly - 6th  Magical Cats Mystery
The Legend of Sleep Harlow by Kylie Logan - 3rd League of Literary Ladies Mystery
Weave of Absence by Carol Ann Martin - 3rd Weaving Mystery
Off Kilter by Hannah Reed - 1st Scottish Highlands Mystery
Murder Off the Beaten Path by M.L. Rowland - 2nd Search and Rescue Mystery

9 comments:

Beth Hoffman said...

Jinx is so funny! It was like he had posed for the cover of "Literally Murder" and was incredibly proud. LOL

Lesa said...

I think you're right, Beth. He seemed to know October was the right time for black cats, and that the right books were featured. I love the way he poses.

Patricia T said...

Hilarious! Jinx almost "stole the show". :)

Lesa said...

Oh, yes, Patricia. If people were just dependent on the video, the books might have been forgotten. It's a good thing my sister suggested the link.

bigotterbooks said...

Wonderful list-more books to add to my stack! I always love Cozies more in the Fall when it's close to Halloween and the black cats are featured characters. Thanks for another great post-I always enjoy your blog!!

Reine said...

Jinx! How cute! I love him, and I love the Magical Cats Mysteries. Very nice video, Lesa!

Lesa said...

Thank you, everyone!

Michelle F. said...

Literally Murder is actually the fourth, not the third, in the series. I have the first three books in the Black Cat Bookshop series. I love black cats and have two. Sometimes it's hard to tell them apart, but one is larger than the other and also has a longer tail. Their sister is black and white.

Lesa said...

Thanks for the update, Michelle. I went with the paper the publisher sent. I appreciate it.

I have two as well. Aren't black cats wonderful?