Sunday, August 03, 2014

GoneReading.com

I've never done a commercial on my blog before, and I won't make a practice of it. But, GoneReading.com has two things going for it. First, it has wonderful products for readers. And, the philanthropy sold me, and I agreed to talk about the site. In a blog in The Huffington Post, Brad Wirz, founder of GoneReading, talks about the company, the philanthropy that gives all the after-tax profits to four organizations that spread "the magic of reading". I hope you take the time to click on The Huffington Post link above, and reading about it.

And, I want to make it perfectly clear that Brad did send me three products so I could see the quality of the merchandise at GoneReading. There are hundreds of items for booklovers on the site. I will definitely use The Reading Woman notecards. (If you've ever won one of my giveaways, you know I send handwritten notes.) Here's the description. 


The Reading Woman series features useful products for the modern woman, each adorned with classic paintings of women reading. This beautiful notecard set of 20 cards features the works of Albert Pisa, George Dunlop Leslie, Leonid and Olga Tikhomirov and Carl Olof Larsson. 


And, if you're like me, and keep track of the books you've read, "Books I've Read: A Bibliphile's Journal" is perfect. It's not only attractive, but there's plenty of room for summarizing the books. From the website, "This simple, beautifully illustrated reading journal will empower you to record and preserve your bookish thoughts for years to come.  Each entry provides you with two full pages of lined space.  Intermittent artwork – based on Deborah Needleman’s book The Perfectly Imperfect Home – adds character and inspiration for your writing pleasure. Includes lists of award-winning books from the past, including Pulitzer Prize, Man Booker Prize, National Book Award winners and many more." (OK, I do admit I don't read literary books, so the award winner pages are only for professional interest for me.)

There are also gifts related to a few authors; Edgar Allan Poe gifts, Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, Mark Twain. I have the Edgar Allan Poe inspired scented candle in a travel tin. "This travel candle features a unique blend of scents inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, the 19th century writer from the Romantic Movement. Beautifully packaged in a foil-stamped tin, this makes the perfect gift for readers of fine literature. Artfully blended with soy wax, scented in Cardamom, Absinthe, & Sandalwood, poured in a 3.5 oz. travel tin. Each travel candle includes two wicks."



Check out the picture. You can see the quality of the gifts. And, that's why Brad Wirz sent me a couple items. I'm a book lover who hates to shop. But, I wouldn't write about gifts for book lovers if I didn't know they were worth sharing with you. And, then, there's that philanthropy. A reader always wants to share the love of reading, and you can do that through GoneReading.com.

*****
FTC Full Disclosure - Brad Wirz sent me the three items so I could see the variety and quality if I wanted to blog about them.

10 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Sounds like a great site. I'll have to check it out. Love the idea of the book journal and who doesn't love note cards, especially designed for book lovers. Thanks for the introduction to Brad and GoneReading.com.751

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Mason. As I said, I won't make a practice of this. In fact, I've turned a number of people and sites down, saying my readers don't want ads and commercials. But, those of us who are readers might appreciate this site for a couple reasons.

Kaye Barley said...

I am SO glad you posted this!!!! I think I've found a fun new place to shop. For me and for friends. And who knew we would be posting such similar blogs today?!

Lesa said...

Serendipity, Kaye! Don't you love the book platters?

Beth Hoffman said...

I'd never heard of this site before. Thanks for sharing, Lesa ... I'm off to check it out now. Happy Sunday to you and the kitties!

Nancy said...

I'll check the site out. Thanks, Lesa.

Reine said...

That looks like a wonderful site, Lesa. I'm always happy to read about worthwhile reading/literacy projects. I'm sure I will use it especially as the holidays are looking closer each day!

Lesa said...

I'm glad some of you found a new gift site. And, Reine? Isn't it scary how much closer the holidays look?

mary kennedy said...

I've never heard of it either, but it sounds terrific. And I always send personal notes so I know I'd love the notecards--a great place to shop, thanks for telling us about it, Lesa!

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Mary. The only kind of commercial I'd do - for readers. Other than that, it will remain book reviews and book news.