Saturday, May 10, 2014

What Are You Reading?

I meant to have a book review for you today, but circumstances at work dictated otherwise. In
other words, when buildings lose power, some have leaks, and a woman in a wheelchair is stuck on the second floor of the building since the elevators aren't working, it's a little too exciting to leave for home on time. And, with power out in half the city and people jamming the roads, I took the slower, back way home. So, I didn't finish my book.

That means I moved to the book that's on my calendar for Sunday. I'm reading Craig Johnson's new Longmire mystery, Any Other Name. Walt is supposed to be in Philadelphia visiting with his daughter just before the birth of her baby. Instead, he's still in Wyoming, not even in his own jurisdiction. But, Lucian Connally, Walt's old boss and the former sheriff of Absaroka County, asked him to look into the death of a friend, a former lawman. Lucian's convinced he didn't commit suicide, no matter what the reports say.

So, what are you reading this weekend? Tell us about it, please!

11 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I just started Death of a Mad Hatter

Beth Hoffman said...

Power outages, roof leaks, and a woman caught on the second floor with no elevator because there was no electricity? Wow, what a crazy day you had. I hope your weekend is quiet and uneventful!

Page said...

I'm reading A Deeper Darkness by J T Ellison.
I just went to the library and picked up two books
Seven Deadlies by Gigi Levangie
Mainspring by Jay Lake
Both are new authors to me and I'm excited about their books. Enjoy yours.

Margie Bunting said...

I'm almost finished reading The View from Penthouse B by Elinor Lipman--her books are like spending time with good friends. I just picked up The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry from the library and can't wait to get started!

Lesa said...

Sandy, I should get to Death of a Mad Hatter sometime next week. Busy week ahead. Book group one night, and author Ashton Lee at one of our branches another night.

Lesa said...

Saturday was quiet, Beth! Thanks for your good wishes. One more quiet day, I hope, before a busy week ahead.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Page. I'm not familiar with either of those last two authors. I hope you enjoy your books!

Lesa said...

Loved A.J. Fikry, Margie! I hope you do, too.

James Montgomery Jackson said...

I just finished an ARC of THE HOME PLACE by Carrie La Seur that I picked up at Malice Domestic. Tonight I picked up Kris Neri's REVENGE ON ROUTE 66.

~ Jim

Lori's Reading Corner said...

I'm about to start The Hidden Girl by Louise Millar and Tell Me You're Sorry by Kevin O'Brien

Karen C said...

I've been busy relocating our business so finding time for reading has been difficult. I did finish One Second After by William R. Forstchen. Will try something a bit lighter next!!