Wednesday, April 09, 2014

New Arrivals



My family, and even my boss, thinks I have a few too many books around the house. But, what can you do when twenty-eight books arrive in three days? I celebrate! These are the books from Saturday, Monday and Tuesday.

I don't have time to summarize all of them, but I can tell you what's in those magical arrivals. First, the books that are not crime fiction novels.

When the Cypress Whispers by Yvette Manessis Corporon (debut novel, April)
A Colder War by Charles Cumming (espionage, August)
Don't Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Heasley (teen fiction, April 22)
Just One Thing by Holly Jacobs (romance, June 10)
Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Thomas Sweterlitsch (science fiction, July 10)


I'll certainly be doing the book chat with the Berkley Prime Crime and Obsidian May mysteries later this month, but these are the paperbacks that arrived from them.

A Roux of Revenge by Connie Archer
The Goodbye Witch by Heather Blake
A Cookbook Conspiracy by Kate Carlisle
Mr. Monk Gets on Board by Hy Conrad
Last Licks by Claire Donally
Dead, White, and Blue by Carolyn Hart
The Pickled Piper by Mary Ellen Hughes
Death of a Mad Hatter by Jenn McKinlay
A Tiger's Tale by Laura Morrigan
Murder Goes A-Rye by Nancy J. Parra
A Dollhouse to Die For by Cate Price
Board Stiff by Elaine Viets

The rest of the books are crime fiction.

A Dark and Twisted Tide by Sharon Bolton (June)
The Last Girl by Jane Casey (April 29)
The Dead Will Tell by Linda Castillo (July 8)
Cradle to Grave by Eleanor Kuhns (June)
Dead People by Ewart Hutton (April 15)
The Long Way Home by Louise Penny (August 26)
Still Life by Louise Penny
Without Warning by David Rosenfelt (March)
The Poor Boy's Game by Dennis Tafoya (April 29)
Murder in Murray Hill by Victoria Thompson (May 6)
Catnapped by Elaine Viets (May 6)

So, tell me which of these books appeal to you.


19 comments:

Lori's Reading Corner said...

Glad I'm not the only one with this "problem". I got a lot of the same titles. The Goodbye Witch was fantastic! You can never go wrong with one of Heather's books. Also really looking forward to the Victoria Thompson book & Without Warning by David Rosenfelt.

Mason Canyon said...

You can never have too many books, just not enough room to put them. :) You have some great titles to read. I have a few of these in my TBR stack too. I must admit the one I'm eagerly awaiting is the audio version of The Long Way Home by Louise Penny. Love her writing and I could listen to the audio versions over and and over again (and have). Happy reading.

Lesa said...

Aha! Lori, I'm so glad you mentioned you have the problem. My family won't think I'm the only one. I'm looking forward to Louise Penny's The Long Way Home, and the ones by Linda Castillo & Jenn McKinlay. Everything else as well, but those are at the top of my list.

Lesa said...

Mason, I have actually only listened to one of Louise's on audio, but it was beautifully done. I just like to read the books, and savor them.

Janet C said...

Sorry, I'm not sure what "too Many books" means.

Nancy said...

Long Way Home by Louise Penny is the top choice for me. Vive Gamache!

Margie Bunting said...

I'm most psyched to read the new titles by Bolton, Castillo, Kuhns and, of course, the incomparable Louise Penny. But first up will be David Rosenfelt's new book, "Without Warning," which is in transit from the library. That's one that both Mike and I will read.

Beth Hoffman said...

Twenty-eight books in 3 days! I can't imagine where you put them all, my friend.

Rosemary Kaye said...

Almost all of my books are still in my old house - in the meantime, I've filled up the shelves in the new flat with (whisper it..) yet more books. And now the old house is sold and the books will be arriving here in May. Oh dear, I hope they all squash up and get on...

Lesa said...

I'm with you, Janet. Thank you!

Lesa said...

Nancy, The Long Way Home is on the top of my "most anticipated" list, too.

Lesa said...

Margie,

I think our reading tastes are quite similar. I'm wishing Louise Penny all good luck with her new book, and I'm wishing her readers the same.

Lesa said...

All over the place, Beth, as you'll see in June. (smile)

Lesa said...

I love your comments, Rosemary. I hope they all get on as well. And, I'd whisper, too, so my family doesn't hear me.

Joyce Lavene said...

Thanks for hosting part of our blog tour!

Karen C said...

I'm going to exercise some restraint and only look at the new one from Linda Castillo!

Lesa said...

My pleasure, Joyce! Thank you!

Lesa said...

Restraint? That's a word I can't equate with books, Karen. (smile)

KarenM said...

I don't read much espionage, but Charles Cumming is very good. As for mysteries, Elaine Viets are always top notch!