Sunday, March 23, 2014

Monterey Bay

I finally have some Internet access, and I want to share some pictures. Conference photos later, but today pictures of the peacefulness of Monterey Bay. It's beautiful here.

These are sea lions on their dock down at Fisherman's Wharf.

And then today, Chantelle Aimee Osman did what left Coast Crime called "The Calamari Crawl". We walked the length of the trail from our hotel to the aquarium and back. We didn't do it for the certificate, but after waking it, paid $25 for a certificate saying we had done it. The money actually goes to the Monterey Public and County Libraries.

We stopped on the way for breakfast at the Monterey Hotel and Spa where we had a stunning view of the bay, and the best meal I've had on the trip. Maybe it was the company. I've missed Chantelle. We stopped into a jewelry shop, a local little store, and the gift shop of a historic site, buying along the way.

But, it was the seals, the view as we walked, and the company that made it special.


Page said...

I loved Cannery Row when I visited there. It was neat to see the houses Steinbeck talked about in the book.

Lesa said...

Isn't it wonderful, Page?

axahmad said...

Didn't make it to Left Coast Crime, sigh. Are you going to be at either Thrillerfest or Bouchercon this year, Lesa? Would be great to say hi in person!

Lesa said...

I'm afraid I'm finished with the mystery conferences for this year. I'll be at BEA, Book Expo America, at the end of May, and that's it for the year. Next year, Bouchercon in Raleigh, and 2016 will be Left Coast Crime in Phoenix. I did get to meet some wonderful blog readers here this year! I'm sorry you couldn't make it. It was the best conference I've attended.