Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!


December 31st is actually the end of the year, but my year always culminates with Christmas. I love Christmas - family and friends, the music, the lights and decorations, the gifts, the food. This year it's a quiet Christmas spent with friends since I had a wonderful Thanksgiving visit with family. That doesn't mean that I'm not thinking of them.

For me, Christmas is a time to say thank you for the wonderful people in my life, and the loved ones who are no longer here. I miss them, but I feel loved and blessed that I had them in my life. And, I feel loved and blessed with the family and friends I have.

I'm including you - all of the readers, authors and friends who visit here regularly. Thank you for sharing my love of books. Thank you for sharing a little of my life.

May your holiday season, and the next year, be filled with loved ones and wonderful books.

Merry Christmas!

19 comments:

Rosemary said...

Happy Christmas Lesa! I haven't been on here for a while, but I've thought of you often. I intend to be back in 2014!

I am reading Greenery Street by Denis Mackail, a Persephone Books edition, but at this moment I'm downstairs with one Siamese on my lap ('helping') and the other queueing, as everyone else is still asleep.

I hope you have a peaceful and enjoyable holiday. Thank you for bringing such warm and interesting posts to us all throughout the year.

I also have some exciting news, which I will email to you!

Best wishes, Rosemary

Lesa said...

I've missed you, Rosemary. You always have such interesting comments and posts. I'm so glad you found my blog. And, I'll respond to your exciting news via email. I already read it, and it is exciting.
(Having a terrible time writing this morning. Like you, there's a cat clamoring for attention, and climbing around my lap.)

Hugs, and thank you, Rosemary!

Lesa

SandyG265 said...

Enjoy the holidays.

Karen B said...

Merry Christmas, Lesa!

bermudaonion said...

Merry Christmas!

Mason Canyon said...

Lesa, wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday.

Beth Hoffman said...

Merry Christmas to you and the kitties, Lesa!

xo!

Lesa said...

Merry Christmas, Everyone! Thanks for stopping by today with long distance hugs! Hugs to all of you!

Naomi Johnson said...

Merry Christmas!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Naomi. Merry Christmas to you, too!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Merry Christmas, Lesa!

Jane R said...

Wishing you happy holidays and the very best 2014 can bring!

Lesa said...

Thank you! I hope everyone had a Christmas that was just what you hoped for!

Laurie Cass said...

Coming in a little late, but it sounds as if you had a nice Christmas - and may 2014 be a Happy New Year for us all!

Lesa said...

Never too late, Laurie! It's still the Christmas season. I hope you had a nice Christmas. And, I love your wishes. I do hope we all have a Happy New Year!

Karen C said...

Since I'm late, I will hope that you had a wonderful Christmas - I know I envied your plans.

Ingrid King said...

More late wishes here. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year to you and the kitties!

Lesa said...

Oh, Karen. Envied plans to do nothing? I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. Thank you.

Lesa said...

Happy New Year to you and your household, Ingrid!