Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Krista Davis, Guest Blogger

Many of you may know Krista Davis as the author of the Domestic Diva mystery series. Today, though,she's launching the Paws and Claws mysteries with Murder, She Barked. And, we're lucky she stopped by to give us a little background. Thank you, Krista. And, someone else stopped by with Krista as well.

Life is lively here at the sugar Maple Inn but changes are taking place, and I don't just mean the leaves on the trees. Sure, tourists are flocking to Wagtail Mountain to enjoy the beauty of fall in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. That's normal. They bring their dogs and cats for leisurely vacations. You see, in Wagtail, cats and dogs are welcome everywhere. The restaurants not only allow them, they offer special menus for them. The stores cater to cats and dogs. There's even a daily Yappy Hour. Personally, I'm partial to all the hiking trails around the lake and up the mountain.

But back to the inn. The guests aren't aware of the undercurrents. I'm not quite sure what's going to happen. Liesel Miller owns the Sugar Maple Inn. Originally from Germany, she's very fond of hiking. Tonight she left in a big hurry and came back hobbling, which concerns me. She's a pip, too. I have to work at staying one step ahead of her.

Liesel's best friend, Rose, is one of the nicest people I know. Her hazel eyes always seem to be laughing. When Liesel and Rose get together, there's no telling what they'll cook up.

Then there's Zelda, one of my favorite employees. Zelda went through a bad patch with a louse of a husband. She's working at the inn to get back on her feet after kicking him out. Zelda is really a pet psychic. Isn't that cool? She can communicate with animals! The only trouble is that not very many people believe her.

And then there's Casey. Such a cute young guy. He's a little clueless but he means well. I try to keep tabs on him so he doesn't get himself into trouble.

Everyone loves Shelley! She has the best job of all - bringing us food. The inn serves breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea in a spacious dining area overlooking the lake. You'd think things would calm down after teatime, but life in an inn goes 24/7 all year long.

A cute little calico kitten turned up a couple of days ago. I should have realized that her arrival meant the beginning of changes around here. We call her Twinkletoes. She's a very sweet little girl, but she's already acting like she owns the place, which I find highly annoying. How can she be so bossy already?

Something very bad happened tonight, and now Liesel's granddaughter, Holly, is on the way. I've never met Holly, but I know how important she is to Liesel. I can hear the love in Liesel's voice when she speaks of Holly.

Everyone is on edge and very sad. The place reeks of anxiety. I've been running around trying to comfort them all. I'm not quite sure what went down but I'm on alert.

Oh, me? I'm Gingersnap, a golden retriever and the official canine ambassador at the Sugar Maple Inn. But tonight, I better be a watchdog and stick close to my beloved Liesel to keep an eye on her.

The animals don't get to talk in MURDER, SHE BARKED, well, other than barking and meowing, so I really appreciate Lesa giving me an opportunity to tell you how I see things. Look for me if you stop by the Sugar Maple Inn. I'll be the first one to greet you. You do like dog kisses, don't you?

To celebrate the launch of MURDER, SHE BARKED, Krista's dogs and cats are looking for dogs and cats to join their street crew. They're giving away Murder, She Barked bandanas to two lucky dogs or cats who leave comments here today (it's okay if their people leave comments for them)! Photos of winners (hopefully wearing their new Murder, She Barked bandanas) will be posted on Krista's website (http://kristadavis.com/paws-and-claws-mysteries/murder-she-barked-street-crew.html) and on Pinterest (http:://www.pinterest.com/kristadavisbook/murder-she-barked-street-crew/) so your dogs and cats can share with their friends.

Krista Davis's new series for animal lovers debuts on December 3rd, with MURDER, SHE BARKED. Like her characters, Krista has a soft spot for cats, dogs, and cupcakes. She lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia with three dogs and two cats. The Diva Frosts a Cupcake is the seventh book in her Domestic Diva Mystery series. Three of those books have been nominated for Agatha awards and three have made the extended New York Times Bestseller list.

Krista Davis's website is www.kristadavis.com. She can be found at www.facebook.com/KristaDavisAuthor; at pinterest.com/kristadavisbook; mysteryloverskitchen.com; twitter.com/kristadavis, and killercharacters.com.


Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new series, which sounds lovely!

Krista said...

Thank you! I hope readers will enjoy it!

traveler said...

Murder, She Barked sounds great. My dog, Bogie would love to have a bandana. thanks.

Katherine Ivan said...

Congrats on the new release! I'm not entering the drawing as my family and I are between pets at present. I really dug the Domestic Diva series and wish you all the best for continued success! MURDER, SHE BARKED is on my holiday wishlist so I'm waiting to see what Santa leaves ....

petite said...

Congratulations. Looks wonderful. Guido would enjoy a bandana very much.

Jane R said...

Sounds like this will be another great series. Our rescued Golden, DJ (Double Jeopardy) loves to wear his bandanas. Such a stylish accessory! Thanks for the update on Murder, She Barked. I'll be on the lookout for it. Congratulations!

Sue Farrell said...

I'd love to live in a town like Wagtail---but I guess I'll have to settle for just reading about it.

Lilly Faye Poodle said...

I love the idea of a town where dogs are allowed in stores and restaurants. It's so progressive! Good luck with your new mystery series!

Susan said...

Hi Krista...I follow you all over Social Media and Love That here in VT ( Small Town USA ;)) Dogs are welcome all around...Have "Murder She Barked" on my Book Wishlist...I only ebook 40% lol I love The Cover...Glad to see you and the Doggies Pinning too..

Karen C said...

What a great idea for a Street Team!! Paws and Claws sounds like a fun series.