Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you have as many reasons to give thanks this year as I do. I'm grateful for a wonderful family who helped to move me to Evansville, and who are now close enough to visit for a weekend.


I'm grateful for wonderful friends. I miss them, but Jamie and I are always in touch, and I'll see Chantelle again in March at Left Coast Crime, and Beth Hoffman here in Evansville in June.
Jamie
I'm grateful for all the people I worked with in libraries in the past, and that I now work with wonderful people at the Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library. It's been a year of change here, with so many exciting ideas ahead for 2014. I just can't say how thankful I am for the people I work with.

I miss my friends in the crime fiction community so much. That's what I miss the most about leaving Arizona. But, I'm grateful I'm attending Left Coast Crime in Monterey in March, and I'll get to see a number of them. So cheers to the women and men of crime! (Particularly all the women!)





And, of course, I'm thankful for books and cats and Celtic Thunder and theater, and all the special things that make up my life. It's a good life.

I hope you enjoy your life, and are grateful for family, friends, the special things in your life, including books!

Happy Thanksgiving!




6 comments:

Jane R said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Lesa. Have a great day!

SandyG265 said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day!

Lesa said...

Thanks, Jane and Sandy! I hope you both had a nice Thanksgiving!

Karen C said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you didn't eat all the chocolates!

Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books said...

Happy Thanksgiving! =)

Lesa said...

We all split the chocolates, Karen, but they were terrific. Hope you and Melissa both had a nice Thanksgiving!