Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Book Chat - November's Cozy Mysteries from Penguin

Well, I'll admit that this month it's almost as much Jinx as it is books. He's such a ham. So, if you don't like cats, you might want to skip this book chat.

video


Here's the list of titles covered, though.

A Potion to Die For by Heather Blake - 1st Magic Potion mystery
Words with Fiends by Ali Brandon - 3rd Black Cat Bookshop mystery
Charms and Chocolate Chips by Bailey Cates - 3rd Magical Bakery mystery
The Thrill of the Haunt by E.J. Copperman - 5th Haunted Guesthouse mystery
Read It and Weep by Jenn McKinlay - 4th Library Lover's mystery
Freezer I'll Shoot by Victoria Hamilton - 3rd Vintage Kitchen mystery
The Quotient of Murder by Ada Madison - 4th Professor Sophie Knowles mystery
Fixing to Die by Elaine Viets - 9th Josie Marcus Mystery Shopper mystery

14 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I've already pre-ordered the books By Heather Blake and Bailey Cates.

Lesa said...

There are some fun books here, Sandy.

jan godown annino said...

Serendipity brought me here Lesa & so glad for that.

They all sound like a timely treat - want to spend time in Honey Bee Bakery, Prof. Knowles' class, the Vintage Kitchen, with Library Lovers, hope to have an other visit with the Josie, Mystery Shopper who I knew about, & all the others, who are new to me, thanks to you.

Beth Hoffman said...

I get the biggest kick out of Jinx! It seems like the minute you get set up, he appears like a movie star. LOL

Heather Blake Webber said...

Jinx steals the show! Thanks for featuring A POTION TO DIE FOR, Lesa. And thank you, Sandy, for the pre-order. :)

Chèli said...

I want to read them all!

Cheli
http://chelisshelves.blogspot.com

Lesa said...

Welcome, Jan! I hope you come back. Although I read a little of everything, I tend to concentrate on cozy and traditional mysteries. If that's what you like, you might feel welcome here. And, please, jump into the conversation at any time!

Lesa said...

You are SO right, Beth! I was set up, started to talk, and Jinx came strolling out of the bedroom. I think he recognizes the "book chat" voice.

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Heather. I'm afraid Jinx does steal the show. Big black spots in the middle of the video. Good luck with A Potion to Die For!

Lesa said...

Hopefully you can read them all, Cheli!

Lori's Reading Corner said...

You will LOVE A Potion To Die For.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Lori!

Sue Farrell said...

Does Jinx like to sit on books when you are trying to read them like my Malachi does? Thanks for all the good previews---quite a few there that I want to read.

Lesa said...

No, Jinx only sits upright on my lap, or stands on my lap while I'm trying to read. He doesn't even lay down. And, he doesn't try to get at the books. I'm afraid Jinx only sees books as background for his own beauty. Thanks, Sue!