Friday, September 13, 2013

What are you reading on Friday?

On Twitter it's called #FridayReads. It's Friday Reads on Facebook. It's a chance to talk about what you're reading. I tend to ask this question on a Friday following a Thursday board meeting.

I've just started two books, both mysteries, but very different styles so it's easy to keep them apart mentally.W is for Wasted  is the new Kinsey Millhone by Sue Grafton. Cold Tuscan Stone is a debut mystery by David P. Wagner. I have high hopes for it because the publisher is Poisoned Pen Press, one of the best in the business when it comes to mysteries. It features Rick Montoya who moved form New Mexico to Rome, settling into the life of a translator. When he helps an old school friend by going undercover to find antiquities traffickers, he ends up as a murder suspect.

So, what are you reading this Friday?

12 comments:

Jane R said...

Hi Lesa! I'm currently reading Lost by S.J. Bolton. I really enjoyed her previous two books and this one is equally good. Have a great weekend!

Lesa said...

Oh, Jane!

I have Lost, but somewhere I lost track of S.J. Bolton's books, and haven't caught up. I hope it's as good as her earlier ones.

SandyG265 said...

I'm reading a fantasy book, Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst. It's about a girl from another worl who has magic powers but can't remember anything about her past.

Beth Hoffman said...

I'm reading "Revolutionary Road" by Richard Yates.

Happy weekend to you and the kitties, Lesa!

Lesa said...

I hope you're enjoying Conjured, Sandy.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Beth! Happy weekend to you and your kitties as well!

Mrs. Mac said...

What is with Thursdays and meetings? Ugh. :D I've switched locations and centuries and I've started Fire Along the Sky by Sara Donati. Love this series and I'm guessing this book will be enjoyable.

Mrs. Mac (aka: Kim)
warmcookies - a blog

Page said...

I'm reading the Third Victim by Lisa Gardner.
I just finished The Juliette Society by Sasha Grey

Lesa said...

Oh, that's OK, Mrs. Mac. I haven't yet had a "bad" meeting in the nine months I've been here. I love my job. Since you love Donati, I bet you'll enjoy the book, too.

Lesa said...

Good to see you here today, Page. I always enjoy a peek at what people are reading.Thanks for sharing!

techeditor said...

I'm reading A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra.

Carol N Wong said...

Yum, your books sound so good! I am still reading A Dog Named Boo by Lisa Edwards. It is quite an emotinal story.