Friday, August 16, 2013

Winners and a Road Trip

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Jane R. of Driftwood, TX won Michael Robertson's The Baker Street Translation. Carol N. of Madison, WI won The Hen of the Baskervilles by Donna Andrews. The books will go out in the mail today.



I'm heading to Ohio tomorrow to visit family for a week. I can't tell you how many years it has been since I've been home for a family reunion. And, the Sandusky County Fair is next week. Anyone who has followed this blog for a few years knows that my niece, Elizabeth, has pygmy goats, including Fred, the one I love. Elizabeth will be showing the goats at the fair. (That's the reason I picked this particular week for a visit home.)

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a seven or eight hour trip. (I understand the road construction around Columbus is horrendous.) I'm not sure when I'll have book reviews or pictures in the next week, so stop back regularly. The next contest will be when I come back. And, of course, the next book chat is scheduled during this trip! I'm leaving the cats in good hands with a family that loves them enough that one of the girls has a picture of Nikki as her screen saver on her cell phone. I always miss the cats while I'm gone, though. But, I'm off to see family and pygmy goats. And, I have three boxes of books to take home for family members. Watch for pictures! Right now I'm ready for a road trip with my beloved Celtic Thunder in the cd player.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your visit and have a safe trip. I hope you don't run into too much construction.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Mom. I hope I don't run into too much construction, too, but I'm not real hopeful. See you tomorrow!

Jane R said...

Thank for the giveaway, Lesa! Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Beth Hoffman said...

Wishing you safe travels and lots of fun with your family, Lesa!

CindyD said...

Safe travels and say hello to Mansfield for us as you go by! We are heading to Oregon.

Lesa said...

Thanks, everyone!

Melissa Bo said...

Have a wonderful time! =)
Safe travels!

Reine said...

Hope you're having a great time, Lesa.

I love Celtic thunder too—perfect traveling music!

Nan said...

Hope you have a wonderful trips, and that some of your traveling may be on back roads!

Nancy said...

Wishing you a fantastic trip and visit!

Charlotte said...

You are being missed, hurry back.

Joe Barone said...

Isn't it interesting how our cats are always in the back of our minds when we are gone? Thank heavens for good cat sitters.

Lesa said...

Thank you, everyone. It was a great trip. Later in the week, I'll post pictures.

Anonymous said...

I'll look forward to all of the pictures, am anxious to see Fred.

--BrendaW.