Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What are You Reading Today?

Today, I'm teaching the first of six Readers' Advisory workshops at the library. The classes are identical, but
we're offering them six times so people in the system have a chance to get to a session. The last time I taught it was in October in Pittsburgh, so I spent the evening going over my notes and preparing for the classes. So, I didn't have time to read. 

Since I'm going to be talking about books and readers today, it's the perfect time to talk about what we're all reading. I'm reading two books. One is Luanne Rice's The Lemon Orchard. It's the story of a woman who lost her daughter in a car accident. When she goes to visit her aunt and uncle, she finds herself drawn to the man who maintains their orchard, a man whose daughter disappeared. I've also started Jamie Ford's Songs of Willow Frost. It doesn't come out until September, but a co-worker recommended it, saying it was even better than Ford's Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. I read books because I'm interested in the characters. If books don't have interesting characters, I have a hard time getting interested.

What are you reading right now, and why did you pick it up? I'd love to know!


6 comments:

donna said...

Just finished reading The Art Forager by B. A. Shapiro - very interesting - and just started the latest Hamish Macbeth mystery Death of Yesterday - fast read -always enjoyable. Am on vacation this week so enjoying time at the beach reading - hot and humid here in CT - all the best to you,
Donna

Lesa said...

Donna,

Isn't it great to have some down time just to read whatever you want? Enjoy your week! And, thank you for sharing what you're reading.

SandyG265 said...

I just started Trouble Vision by Allison Kingsley. I'm only about 20 pages into it so far.

Jody said...

Dennis Lehane's The Given Day, but I'm going to have to intersperse that with some lighter reading!Loving the book, but it is very long. I'm about 1/4 through it.

Jane R said...

Just picked up Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by
Chris Grabenstein. It should be a nice break from some of my other reading.

Lesa said...

Oh, The Given Day is a long one, Jody. I understand.

Loved Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library, Jane. It was just fun!