Friday, July 12, 2013

New Arrivals

I had a meeting at the library tonight, so didn't have time to finish a book. But, there are always ways to talk about books. Here are a few of the books that arrived in the mail recently..

In no particular order...

Terry Shames' new Samuel Craddock mystery is, A Killing at Cotton Hill. Since the chief of police of
Jarrett Creek, Texas doubles as the town drunk, former police chief Samuel Craddock steps in when an old friend is murdered. As Craddock digs to find a killer, all the pettiness and secret vices of the small-town residents are revealed.







Unleashed is the new mystery by David Rosenfelt. Lawyer and sleuth Andy Carpenter helps a friend, Sam Willis, get a dog to the vet after he hit him with his car. Because of the accident, Sam missed a plane ride with Barry Price. Lucky for Sam because the plane crashed killing Barry. When Barry's wife is suspected of sabotaging the plane, Andy steps in only to find a sinister trail that leads to a bigger crime.




July 30th is release date for C.J. Box' The Highway. According to the blurb,
"America's wide open spaces - and the dangerous people that call those regions home - are a returning theme" for Box. When two girls disappear on their way to a Thanksgiving celebration, a Montana investigator named Cody Hoyt is roused by his son to find them. The trail of a trucker leads Cody and his old partner to a nightmarish corner of the West where sinister men have been carrying out their dark intentions for years.



Melodie Johnson Howe calls on her days as an actress in movies and television for her Diana Poole thriller, City of Mirrors. Diana Poole is a forty-something actress desperate to rebuild her career. She jumps at the opportunity to play young starlet Jenny Parson's mother in a major film. But Jenny is ruining the film with her antics. When Diana finds the young woman's body, she decides to fight back and search for a killer, a search that uncovers scandalous Hollywood secrets. City of Mirrors is an August release.




Those of us who love Margaret Coel's mysteries featuring Father John O'Malley and Vicky Holden will welcome  Watching Eagles Soar, stories from the Wind River and beyond. Follow the two characters into the mysteries and crimes of the Wind River Reservation.

I love getting the mail. I never know what interesting books will show up.





10 comments:

Harvee @ Book Dilettante said...

I haven't heard of these before but as a lover of mystery novels, I'll keep them in mind!

Lesa said...

If you like tradtionals, Harvee, you might want to try Margaret Coel's books. Thrillers - I know how popular Box is.

Beth Hoffman said...

I am drawn to the cover (and storyline) of A KILLING AT COTTON HILL. Small town dynamics and secrets always fascinate me, and it sounds like a book I'd thoroughly enjoy. Thanks, Lesa!

Jane R said...

Every single title looks good. But, I'm especially looking forward to David Rosenfelt's newest Andy Carpenter book. I always enjoy his series.

Lesa said...

I'm with you, Beth. I like those small town dynamics and secrets. Have a great weekend, finally home to unwind!

Lesa said...

He has a memoir coming out the same time, Jane, but I don't have a copy of that. It's about traveling with a lot of the dogs.

Charlotte said...

I would be so happy to have new books showing up in my mail box like you do. Keep on you will have as many books as you did when you showed us all the books you were giving away, when you were moving last year.

Jane R said...

Rosenfelt's book about moving 25 rescued Goldens from the West to the East Coast is out this month. At the end of July I'll be attending a book signing to benefit our local Golden Retriever rescue group and I'm looking forward to meeting the author.

Karen C said...

As good as these books sound, I'm relieved that there aren't any that I must have!! I'm just so far behind in my reading.

Lesa said...

Me, too, Karen, with some want-to-reads being replaced by some must-reads by the end of the month.