Sunday, June 09, 2013

A Week of Treasures

Otherwise known as loot. Between the books I mailed back from BEA, and the books that arrived in the mail this week, I have one week's worth of treasure that is unbelievable.


It's obvious I'm not going to be able to read everything here. So, here's just a quick list so you have a heads-up as to what's coming out. If a title doesn't have a date after it, it's already been released, or will be released this month.

So, in no particular order, here are the books that arrived this week. Anything here that appeals to you?

The Witch of Little Italy by Suzanne Palmieri
Guests o Earth by Lee Smith (October - I think this one is going to be big for book clubs.)
Buzz Books 2013 Fall/Winter - Exclusive Excerpts from 40 Top New Titles (PublishersLunch)
Fortunately, The Milk by Neil Gaiman (autographed, Sept.)
Neil Gaiman's 'Make Good Art' Speech by Neil Giaman (autographed)
The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani (autographed)
Guide to Gettysburgh Battlefield Monuments by Tom Huntington (autographed)
You're Only Human: A Guide to Life by The Gecko
Raising Digital Families for Dummies by Amy Lupold Bair (autographed)
How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny (autographed, August)
The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker (debut, Aug., might be big)
Let It Burn by Steve Hamilton (July)
Cinders: A Chicken Cinderella by Jan Brett (autographed)
I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag by Jennifer Gilbert
This House Is Haunted by John Boyne (October)
Enigma of China by Qiu Xiaolong
Murder of a Stacked Librarian by Denise Swanson (Sept.)
The Trojan Colt by Mike Resnick
One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson (autographed, Oct.)
Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin (autographed)
Jack Kennedy, Elusive Hero by Chris Matthews
The Abomination by Jonathon Holt
Shadow People by James Swain
Death of a Dyer by Eleanor Kuhns
Brave Hearts by Carolyn Hart (August)
Corrupt Practices by Robert Rotstein
Moving Miss Peggy by Robert Benson (autographed)
City of Mirrors by Melodie Johnson Howe (August)
The Arrivals by Melissa Marr (July)
The King's Jar by Susan C. Shea
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Book of Someday by Dianne Dixon (Sept.)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (autographed, Sept.)
The Dogs of Christmas by W. Bruce Cameron (Oct.)
The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider (Sept.)
The Map of Lost Memories by Kim Fay
In the Blood by Lisa Unger (Jan. 2014)
The Expats by Chris Pavone (autographed)
Randi Rhodes: Ninja Detective by Octavia Spencer (Oct.)
Escape From Paris by Carolyn Hart
The Wild Beasts of Wuhan by Ian Hamilton

AND, the eleven July releases from Penguin's Berkley Prime Crime and Obsidian. These are the books that will appear on my book chat later this month.

Tarnished and Torn by Juliet Blackwell
Grace Takes Off by Julie Hyzy
Laced with Poison by Meg London
A Custom-Fit Crime by Melissa Bourbon
One Dead Cookie by Virginia Lowell
Dying Wishes by Molly MacRae
Rubbed Out by Riley Adams
Final Sentence by Daryl Wood Gerber
Woof at the Door by Laura Morrigan
Yarn to Go by Betty Hechtman
Tulle Death Do Us Part by Annette Blair

52 books this week. If you're like me, and never want to be without a book, this is great! Any books here that you're waiting to read?

PERSONAL NOTE - I won't be running a contest this week, and the next one will start during the work week. I have a few trips to make this week, one for work, and one with family, and it makes it difficult to host the contest. I hope you'll still stop by to read with me!

11 comments:

Marleen said...

I have to smile Lesa. Everytime I think that maybe there are too many books entering my house all I have to do is take a look at your blog and I'm reassured.

That's one wonderful list of books you have there. Some I've read, some I'm looking forward to and most are completely new to me. I hope you'll enjoy them.

Lesa said...

I'm glad you're smiling when you see that picture, Marleen! You're right. You'll be OK! (smile) And, so will I because I have all those wonderful books!

Nancy said...

So many books, Lesa! I salivate just reading the list. I'm looking forward to hearing your favorites among them. Such great reading in the months ahead! Thanks for all your reviews; I do pay attention to them and love your recommendations.

Pat said...

Several good books to look forward too this summer. :-
Wonder who won the books in June 7th giveaway??

Charlotte said...

Would love to have that many books coming to my house. It would be such a wonderful treat for me. I am a lover of books, more is never enough.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Everyone! And, Charlotte? You're right. More is never enough.

Pat, I'm sorry. I mailed the books on Saturday, and I delete the email addresses afterward. I never keep addresses after the book goes in the mail, and I couldn't tell you who the winners are. But, there were three winners!

Beth Hoffman said...

Wow, Lesa ... what a haul! Happy reading to you, my friend. I hope you and the kitties are having a lovely Sunday!

TheLostWitch said...

Wow! What an amazing haul! Thanks for picking up THE WITCH OF LITTLE ITALY! She's so pretty over there! XO Suzanne Palmieri (Hayes).

Reine said...

Lesa... wow! A stunning take!

My eyes were immediately directed to HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN by Louise Penny… I cannot wait for that one to come out! Carolyn Hart's BRAVE HEARTS! There just aren't enough exclamation points to express my feeling.

You had a great time. I can tell.

Lesa said...

Isn't this wonderful? Wish I had time to spend at home reading. Busy month ahead, though.

Inside A Book said...

You are definitely going to need more bookcases!! Lucky duck....

Have fun and be safe!
It's HOT here but we're off to hear Craig Johnson at the PP. He will help us 'feel' cool.