Sunday, April 21, 2013

Winners and a Cozy Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Sue F. of Crosslake, MN won Carolyn Hart's The Devereaux Legacy and Wendy A. from Ferndale, WA won Joseph Olshan's Cloudland. I mailed the books yesterday.

Since I'm doing the book chat today, featuring cozy mysteries from Penguin's Berkley Prime Crime and Obsidian, it's the perfect week to offer two cozy mysteries. Both books feature restaurants.

If you're looking for murder and soup recipes, try to win Connie Archer's A Broth of Betrayal. In summer, Lucky Jamieson serves chilled soup at By the Spoonful in Snowflake, Vermont. It's also the gathering place where the locals talk about murder. First, it's a Revolutionary war skeleton that's dug up, but then a local man is found dead in his shop. Top that off with a disappearance, and Lucky is once again in the soup with the police chief while she investigates.





If you prefer breakfast and tea with your murder, try the Cackleberry Club mystery by Laura Childs, Stake & Eggs. When the town's most hated banker dies on his snowmobile, the three women who own the Cackleberry Club find some of their best customers are prime suspects in his death. Suzanne Dietz is going to need some help in cracking this case.

Which cozy mystery would you like to win? You can enter to win both, but I need separate entries. Please email me at Lesa.Holstine@gmail.com. Your subject heading should read either "Win A Broth of Betrayal" or "Win Stake & Eggs." Please include your name and mailing address. Entries from the U.S. only, please.

Due to my schedule this week, this contest will end Thursday evening, April 25 at 6 PM MT. I'll draw the winners that night, notify them, and get the books in the mail as soon as I can.


2 comments:

Jane R said...

Lots of new cozies this month. Ann Purser's new book caught my eye. I've read several titles in her Lois Meade series (which I enjoy) but haven't started the Ivy Beasley books yet. Once again, my book list grows by leaps and bounds!

Lesa said...

I'm with you. A cozy reader with a growing pile, Jane.