Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Elizabeth & Family

For those of you who have read this blog for years, you'll remember my niece, Elizabeth. Five years ago, she challenged me to see if she could read more books than I did. (Yes, she beat me by a couple books.) And, readers were all cheering for Elizabeth.

Then, you'll remember she's the one who owns Fred, the pygmy goat.

Elizabeth is in eighth grade now, on spring break, so she came to Evansville with my mom, and Elizabeth's mom. The four of us had a wonderful time. So, here's my update - Elizabeth and my cat, Jinx. The picture's a little fuzzy since she took it on her cell phone.

Here's Elizabeth's self-portrait.





The next picture is the family playing games at my place for my birthday - Elizabeth's mom, Christie, my Mom, and Elizabeth.



And, me, on my birthday. They brought the cake.

It's great to be close enough to have my family here.

8 comments:

Beth Hoffman said...

Your photos made me smile. Isn't it wonderful to live closer to family so y'all can get together more often? What a treat to have them visit for your birthday!

Lesa said...

It's fabulous, Beth. Those pictures make me smile, too. My other sister is heading to see her son at college. Today is his birthday, so his parents will be there for that.

Jane R said...

What fun you all had! And what great memories you made together! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Lesa said...

My pleasure, Jane! And, it really was.

Mrs. Mac said...

Great photos. Happy you have such a nice family nearby. Hope this next year is a wonderful one for you.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Mrs. Mac. I hope so, too!

Karen C said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your family. Bet it's nice that you are now close enough to get together more frequently.

Lesa said...

It is nice, Karen. I'm looking forward to a couple trips their way as well.