Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vote Libraries!

My hometown, Huron, Ohio, has a bond levy to raise money for the library. These great signs are all over town.




I'm so proud of Jim's aunt, who lives in Huron. She said she doesn't read, but she knows that kids in school need libraries. She even lectured a friend who said she wasn't going to vote for the library, telling her, you have kids in school. Kids need libraries. Now, there's someone who understands community.

I hope you "Vote Library" in your community.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jim's aunt.

Jane R said...

I love pro-active people! This would be a great sign to have in a library all the time. Hmmm... I think I'm going to steal the idea for my next bulletin board as well as my office wall. I sure hope people realize the importance and vote in favor of the bond. Often people don't realize the importance of their libraries until they are diminished or gone all together.

Joe Barone said...

Two things my parents taught me when I was growing up. Always vote for libraries and schools.

Carol N Wong said...

If I could I would definitely vote for libraries where you are.

Karen C said...

Hope everyone votes for the Libraries!

Lesa said...

That's terrific, Joe. I agree. And, thanks for the library support, everyone.