Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pre-Bouchercon Day

We flew out of Phoenix at 6 a.m. on Wednesday morning. I love flying Southwest - on time, good flight. Chantelle Aimee Osman and I flew together. We had a two hour layover at Midway in Chicago, which was perfect. We had time for lunch at Harry Carey's in the airport. Then on to Cleveland, where Jen Forbus picked us up at the airport. Jen and I are rooming together at the conference hotel, the Renaissance.

Before we even checked in, Jen & I ran into Sean Chercover. Unpacked, found out the hotel charges $14.95 a day for wireless, and went online just for a few minutes before heading out to dinner. Jen had plans, so Chantelle and I met up in the lobby. It's a good place to run into people - Kelli Stanley, Janet Rudolph, LJ Sellers, Hank Phillippi Ryan, Neil Plakcy. We even saw Mary Higgins Clark in the lobby.

But, it had been a long day, and Chantelle and I walked over to Houlihan's for a nice quiet dinner. We passed the Hard Rock Cafe on the way, and I photographed the sign with the baseball stadium in the background, where the Indians were playing.



And, we started the day by seeing the sun come up from our plane. Ended it with the sunset in Cleveland.


3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I know you're going to have a great time!

Lesa said...

I am, Kathy. Have a full day planned today. Looking forward to it!

Karen C said...

Enjoy!!