Also, I have learned a few things about Jinx:
1. If you're eating Ritz crackers, and drop a small piece by accident, he will pounce on it and play with it and finally devour it with relish (figurative relish, not actual chopped pickle relish).
2. If you then actually offer him another small piece of said cracker, he will turn up his nose at it and stalk away.
3. If you're eating Cheerios, and accidentally drop one so that it rolls under the fridge, Jinx will go into unnatural contortions trying desperately to swipe it back out with a paw.
4. If you then try to just give him a Cheerio, he will scorn it as an uninteresting object and return to contorting himself under the fridge to retrieve the lint-embedded Cheerio.
5. If you try to apply makeup while dodging Jinx bouncing around on the counter, the odds are good that you will end up dropping an entire tin of eyebrow powder and spend an unplanned half hour scrubbing it out of the counter and tiles.
6. If you then close the bathroom door on a subsequent morning to prevent further powder-related accidents, he will fling himself at the door with many a plaintive miaow because surely there must be something fun happening in there.
7. If you then try to type an email, as I'm doing right now, he will stand on the computer and head-butt you for the snuggles he is owed as an apology for being shut out of the bathroom.
8. Typing accurately with one hand because your other hand is occupied by a cat is not easy.