Sunday, October 14, 2012

Notes from My Cat Sitter - Part 2

Yep, all is quiet on the kitty front.  Jinx and I have reached a sort of Bathroom Detente in which he stays off the counter and out of the makeup (for the most part, at least), provided I balance on one foot and pet him with the other.

Left to right - Jinx and Josh
Eeeebil Demon Kitty (a.k.a. Josh) learned a new trick.  I was keeping the computer cords in a ziploc bag to prevent them from becoming chew toys.  One morning, while determinedly ignoring Stormy's efforts to lick all my ticklish spots to force me to get up and feed her, I heard a strange rustle-pop sound beside the bed.  Looking down, I beheld that Josh had discovered that if you leap on the Ziploc bag, the trapped air pressure will force open the seal, thus exposing the cords for exploration. 

I got up in a hurry. :D  The cords are now kept inside an actual zippered canvas bag.  If he figures out how to work a zipper, I'm screwed.

9 comments:

Joe Barone said...

Don't you love cats? They can come up with such inventive things. I always enjoy hearing about your cats.

Lesa said...

I do love cats, Joe. They're so funny. Thank you! And, I enjoy hearing about them while I'm gone.

Sandie Herron said...

They're all ploys they test to see if they get your attention. If they do, the cat can then perform the trick at 4 AM in efforts to get you up.

Fender, my black cat, dumps things from the small bookcase next to my side of the bed, one thing at a time. I've learned not to put anything really important there, but I do leave him a supply of bookmarks and light papers so hopefully he'll just knock them off, not something that will make enough noise to wake me up!

Sandie

Ingrid King said...

Given that Josh already figured out the ziploc bag, I'm betting the zipper won't be safe, either...

Beth Hoffman said...

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! This made me laugh out loud!

Oh, how I adore kitties.

Carol M said...

LOL I'm enjoying hearing about Jinx and Josh! I love kitties, too! What would we do without them!

Karen C said...

Oh, too funny. Thank you for the chuckle!

Lesa said...

Isn't my cat sitter wonderful? I just love her humor.

Patricia Harrington said...

Well, as mom of three stray kitties, who camped out in my yard, then garage, and then my heart . . . I can sure identify with the Demon Kitty and comrads. Must say, "my guys" are my best friends . . . well, they share that spot in my heart with an 80 lb. Siberian Husky that was returned twice to the Humane Society. But Miss Kaiah (means blessing and she is) cuddles with cats and her mom.

All is well,

Cheers,

Pat Harringtin, Author,
Bridget O'Hern Mystery Series