Monday, February 13, 2012

R.I.P. Jeffrey Zaslow

I was so sorry to learn from my cousin that Jeffrey Zaslow, author of The Magic Room, co-author of The Last Lecture, and author of Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope about Gabriella Giffords, died Friday. He lost control of his car on a snow-covered road in Michigan, and was hit by a semi.

If you read my review of The Magic Room, you know he wrote a beautiful book. If you read the book, you know his wife influenced him to write it, and he had three daughters. My heart goes out to them.

Here is the link to the obituary in The New York Times,

May he rest in peace.


Rosemary said...

How very sad Lesa. Thanks for letting us know, and for the link to the obituary. My heart also goes out to Mr Zaslow's family.

Lesa said...

It is sad, Rosemary. He wrote books that inspired people. And, not knowing him, I don't know his family, but it seemed as if he was so proud of them. It is tragic.