Thursday, February 02, 2012

Hot Titles for March

Following up on the Treasures in My Closet post, I have some hot titles that are coming out in March. If you didn’t find and books that caught your imagination yesterday, I’m guessing you might find a book or two on this list.

I’ll kick off the discussion with a popular author. Rhys Bowen returns with the latest Molly Murphy mystery, Hush Now, Don’t You Cry. Molly promised her new husband, Daniel Sullivan, that she would give up sleuthing. But, even on their honeymoon, it’s hard to resist. When their host ends up dead at the base of his estate’s ocean front cliffs, it’s easy to forget that promise.

In C.J. Box’ Force of Nature, Nate turns to Joe Pickett for help. While he was working for the Special Forces unit abroad, Nate witnessed a colleague do something horrific. Now that colleague is eliminating those who know of his crime.

Jane K. Cleland brings back New Hampshire antiques dealer Josie Prescott in Dolled Up for Murder. Josie was excited to show her doll collection to Alice Michaels, the queen of the local investment community. But, only moments later, she saw Alice shot and killed. When one of Josie’s employees is kidnapped, the ransom demand is that doll collection, the key to Alice’s murder.

Stay Close is Harlan Coben’s latest thriller, a story of an unhappy couple. Megan revisits a cold case involving a missing family while her husband wants out of a dead-end job. It isn’t long before the past comes back to haunt them, with events spiraling out of control.

The latest Hannah Swensen mystery is Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke. Bakery owner Hannah Swensen plans a display for a festival when the Cinnamon Roll Six jazz band comes to town. When the bus overturns, two men die, but one of them is traveling under an assumed name.

Can a Texas Ranger accept the paranormal? In Heather Graham’s Unseen, a Texas Ranger is determined to stop a serial killer, so when he’s approached by a group of paranormal investigators who insist the recent killings may be connected to an event in the 1880s, he decides to work with them.

James Patterson teams up with David Ellis for Guilty Wives, the story of four women on a weekend getaway in Monte Carlo who are charged with murder and imprisoned. It’s clear they’re being framed, but by whom?

In Richard North Patterson’s Fall From Grace, a man searches fro his father’s killer after he learns he left behind a widow, a mistress and a string of secrets.

Once again, Randy Wayne White thrusts Doc Ford into danger in Chasing Midnight. When Ford attends a Russian black marketeer’s reception, he must call upon his special skills to deal with environmental extremists who say they will kill one hostage every hour until midnight if their demands aren’t met.

And, Jacqueline Winspear rounds out the list with the latest Maisie Dobbs novel, Elegy for Eddie. Everyone who knew Eddie Pettit was shocked by his violent death. The police wouldn’t investigate, so the only hope of getting the truth was to turn to Maisie Dobbs, whose investigation leads to unexpected places.

I’m sure I missed some books you’re anticipating. What are you waiting for in March?

13 comments:

Carol N Wong said...

Great books just keep coming!

Judy Starbuck said...

I guess I'll cancel all plans in March. Too many books to read by my favorite authors!

Lesa said...

They certainly do, Carol. Now you know why I'm so backed up!

Lesa said...

Just stay home, read, and enjoy your time at home, Judy!

CindyD said...

I think Sanjay Gupta's (of CNN fame) mystery, MONDAY MORNINGS, will be released in March. I'm curious about it. And Elizabeth Gunn's next book in her series set in Tucson also comes out in March - MAGIC LINE.

Lesa said...

Cindy, I can see why you're curious about Sanjay Gupta's book. And, thanks for reminding me of Elizabeth Gunn's next one!

Sharon said...

Wow, a lot of great books coming out. C.J. Box is one of my favorite authors so I can't wait to get my hands on that one!

Nancy said...

I sure did find future reads in this lot. Thank you!

Beth Hoffman said...

I didn't know another Maisie Dobbs novel was coming out! Yet another book to add to my list. Thanks, Lesa!

Judith Starkston said...

Thank you, Lesa, for reminding me that Rhys Bowen has a new Molly Murphy coming out. Yeegads! My unread pile is growing higher daily. I guess I could give up sleep and eating!

Tina said...

Oh Wow....maybe if I give up sleeping I could read all of these and the rest of my TBR Pile. You are a dangerous woman Lesa, but don't stop. I know I'll always find good ones here.

Lesa said...

Oh, I'm not going to stop, anyone. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a day or two off from the blog, but don't worry. I'm working on mystery stuff.

Karen C said...

Oh My. I did find a few more to add to the list! Thanks ....