Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sandie's Corner - Tales of Kidney Stones, Taxes and Feral Cats

I heard from Sandie Herron yesterday. She said she was all befuddled, too much happening at the moment. She knows readers are expecting a review of Donna Andrews' The Real Macaw. But, sometimes life just gets in the way.

Everyone who reads Sandie's Corner knows she has health issues. But, her husband, Bill, woke up Friday morning in great pain. Without going into great detail, he has kidney stones. And, it doesn't sound pretty.

Bill does taxes, and, of course, corporate tax returns were due on, what day? Friday, of course. That means Sandie was handling that.

And, Sandie's friends know she and Bill are cat lovers. They've been dealing with two feral cats in their backyard, trying to trap them so they can be adopted. In the meantime, it's up to the Herron cats to watch over everything.

Since Sandie was feeling guilty, I told her I'd pass on the news. Sometimes life just happens.


Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hope Bill is better soon! Best of luck to them with the taxes and the feral cats (life sure does trip us up sometimes!) :)

Liz V. said...

So sorry to hear about there burdens. Hope Bill recovers soon and life's other complications resolve themselves.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Elizabeth and Liz. I'm sure Sandie will be checking in when she can. What's that saying? "Life happens when you're making other plans."

Bill Crider said...

Best wishes to Sandie and Bill.

Sandie Herron said...

Thank you all for understand that sometimes life is overwhelming. For instance, I just had an entire comment written when Google decided to do something goofy at the end rather than preview what I'd written, so here I am again.

Bill passed the kidney stone on Monday morning, and we were quite glad. He was happy it didn't hurt. The trip downward was worse than the exit. The problem is that the CT scan showed more stones.

The people in the ER told Bill that passing a kidney stone is the male equivalent of giving birth. I think the ladies might disagree, but none the less, it was a painful affair. The prospect of more is none too pleasing. So we have an appointment with a urologist on Saturday of all days. We hear from Bill's secretary that going on Saturday is a good thing with this firm since during the week the normal wait time to see one of the doctors is 3 hours!!! Hey, I have the perfect book to bring with me!

I did sneak in a bit of reading of THE REAL MACAW, and I began thinking that I'd rather be at Meg's house with her chaos because it wasn't as bad as my own! Yikes! Fender just knocked over an entire stack of medical bills that scattered everywhere. Sigh.

Hope to be able to share the details of this funny book with you soon. I hope it's not too colored with my own experiences while reading it!


Melisa Marzett said...

When will you be able to share the details of this funny book with us? I hope it's not too colored with your own experiences while reading it! Only cheap paper writing service will be in use when you are in need of a fully-fledged academic writing piece.