Saturday, September 17, 2011

Likeable Social Media by Dave Kerpen

I “Like” Dave Kerpen’s book, Likeable Social Media. It’s subtitled “How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (and other social networks)."  Fascinating book. I know there are some ideas I can apply to my Twitter account and the library’s Twitter Account, since I handle their Tweets. I borrowed this book from the library, but I may have to buy my own copy. How’s that for an endorsement?

Kerpen’s company, Likeable Media, works with companies on their social media presence. But, he has wonderful ideas for those of us who just want to communicate with our interest base. I use my Twitter ( to talk with book people; publishers, publicists, authors and readers. That’s my passion. And, I’m working on building the library’s Twitter account to communicate with people in our community.

Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, blogs and Foursquare are all covered in Kerpen’s books, with suggestions as to how they can be used to benefit companies. Kerpen suggests readers start with the Appendix for a guide as to what these social networks are and how to use them. It’s an invaluable tool.

The author also highlights the most important points for companies hoping to succeed in social media. He recommends these points – “Listen carefully, be transparent, be responsive, be authentic, tell great stories.” In my opinion, those are great points, not just for social media, but for life.

If you’re reading my blog, you’re probably already familiar with many of the social networks. If you’re curious, Kerpen’s book is a good tool to learn about them. Anyone who has a business could certainly benefit from the book. In fact, anyone who has a social media presence could probably benefit from the helpful tips and ideas.

So, thumbs up to Dave Kerpen’s Likeable Social Media. I “Like” the book.

Dave Kerpen's website is

Likeable Social Media by Dave Kerpen. McGraw-Hill. ©2011. ISBN 9780071762342 (paperback), 272p.

FTC Full Disclosure - Library book


Bev Stephans said...

I think this book would be perfect for my younger son. I think I'll send it to him.

Lesa said...


It's a terrific book for anyone in business trying to utilize social media. And, it has good tips for anyone who uses social media professionally.

Foxjjew said...

price at which the bond was bought, it is approximately the principal CHECK AUCTIONS: Go to the auction house and check all your auctions using the Summary button. the promise of a return on investment to induce the participant to put money into the program;