Monday, September 05, 2011

Inside a Book

One of the joys of going to the Poisoned Pen Bookstore is meeting other bloggers. Tonight, I met the teacher who blogs at  (Since she doesn't have her name on her blog, I'm not sharing it.) But, it was great to finally meet up. I knew she lived on the other side of the Valley, but we've never run into each other. It took Louise Penny to put us both in the same spot. Thanks!


rhapsodyinbooks said...

I got to meet her at the Tucson Book Fest and it was so fun! And I know that with Phoenix, it can seem just as far to get from one side of the Valley to the other as it can to get from there to Tucson, so it's good to have occasions to bring people together!

Lesa said...


You're right. I was so surprised when you said you drove up to the Poisoned Pen that day. But, you're right. It's almost easier to get there from Tucson than for some of us in the Valley to get together. I'm glad I met you there, too!

Inside A Book said...

Oh my golly gosh! I feel like I met a celebrity tonight! My husband was laughing as I almost mowed him over trying to get over to see you and introduce myself. I wish I had seen you earlier as I would have come to sit and soak up your passion and knowledge!!! I'm such a groupie!! I truly was excited to have our great big world become a little smaller and personal.

Louise Penny truly was delightful. Her stories were wonderful and I felt better for hearing her stories and thoughts. She was the perfect ending for a Labor Day Holiday!

Yeah for serendipity....


PS - I was on an airplane in Denver, Colorado this summer and saw a gal I blog with but have never met also! Talk about a small world!!! My husband didn't believe it at first, but is really a believer now!

bermudaonion said...

I love meeting other bloggers too - there are no awkward pauses since you're already friends. Sounds like a fun event!

Lesa said...

Oh, Gaye. If I'm a celebrity, (hah!), you are, too. I finally got to meet you after via blogs for so long. Tell your husband I'm sorry he was almost run over.

I snuck in just before the program started. Louise and I always try to grab a few minutes together when she gets to town, and I had just brought her over from her hotel. I'm usually there quite a bit early. I wish we had had a chance to talk. And, I could have met your husband.

Thanks for introducing yourself!

Lesa said...


You're so right. That's exactly how I feel when I meet bloggers that I read. We're already friends.