Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship edited by Wade Rouse

Wade Rouse gathered a number of humorists; actors, comedians, and authors, and had them write about their best friends. The result is a collection that dog lovers will appreciate, I'm Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship.  All the writers have stories to tell about the dogs in their lives. And, some of the royalties from the book go to support the Humane Society of the United States.

I will admit, dog humor isn’t always for cat lovers. Some of the humor is a little crude about butt sniffing, humping legs. And, the authors seem to find it funny and cute. Dog lovers also seem to use more baby talk than cat people. (What cat would put up with it?) And, my cats certainly wouldn’t want to be dressed in clothes. But, dog people seem to understand all that.

With a foreword by Chelsea Handler’s Dog, Chunk, the book includes pieces by Laurie Notaro, Beth Kendrick, W. Bruce Cameron, and others. My two favorite pieces were a little gentler than some of the others, Jane Green’s “The Evil Stepmother,” and Rita Mae Brown’s “A Courtly Soul.”

I just don’t appreciate some of the dog humor, but many of the stories were touching.  Even if I’m not really the target audience for some of the humor, I know just the dog person who is receiving a gift of I’m Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship.

Wade Rouse's website is

I'm Not the Biggest Bitch in This Relationship edited by Wade Rouse. New American Library.  ©2011. ISBN 9780451234582 (paperback), 260p.

FTC Full Disclosure - The publisher sent me a copy of the book, hoping I would review it.


bermudaonion said...

This sounds like fun - I need to check it out. I think the cover is adorable!

Lesa said...

Isn't that a great cover, Kathy? I agree. And, I think dog owners will find themselves in this book. (Cat owners will feel superior - grin.)

Liz V. said...

Always a dog person but the humor as described doesn't appeal.

Lesa said...

That's one reason I made it clear what the humor is like, Liz. I don't want people buying it, and then upset with the humor or crude stories.

Melisa Marzett said...

This sounds great, I will need to read this book. I like the title and its cover as well. Qualified and reputable college essay editing service works truly hard in order to provide helpless students with authentic stuff.