Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Off to New York City


I'm on my way to New York City today. Next Monday and Tuesday, I'll be at Book Expo America, the annual publishing show. I'm on a panel on Tuesday called "The Great Readalike: If You Like That, You'll Love That!" I'm getting the chance to share the panel with some librarians I admire while I talk about traditional mysteries. And, I'm excited about meeting two other women. Wilda Williams, an editor at Library Journal, is moderating our panel. And, Nora Rawlinson from EarlyWord, is the host for a luncheon following the panel.

So, leaving the cats with a wonderful housesitter, I'm heading to New York a little ahead of time. I have tickets to three shows, and a full schedule while I'm there. I have a few blog postings ready to go, but no promises for the rest of the time I'm gone. I'll have a lot to tell you afterward, though!

18 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip, Lesa!

kathy d. said...

Hope you have a great time! Let me know via email if you want to go have tea and scones (or cookies, etc.), sometime this weekend. (I'm in Chelsea, near Greenwich Village.)

Lesa said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! I'm looking forward to it.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Kathy. I'm going with a co-worker who has us tightly scheduled, but that doesn't mean I won't have time! Thanks. Would you send me your email address to my email account - Lesa.Holstine @ gmail.com? Thanks!

bermudaonion said...

I hope I get the chance to meet you!

Terry said...

Lesa--Have a great time! I know your panel will be great. btw, your blog with Earlene Fowler was terrific--I read it the "first" time and was glad you re-posted.

Kay said...

Have a fabulous time, Lesa! We'll be waiting to hear about it. Enjoy the shows and all the book events. Wish there could be a podcast of your panel. I know we'd love it.

LSUReader said...

Sounds great! Have fun.

Lesa said...

Kathy,

When are you coming in to BEA? I'm actually leaving on Tuesday afternoon. We're not staying for all of BEA. We're doing just Monday & Tuesday until early afternoon.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Terry. I'm glad you enjoyed the recap of the Earlene Fowler/Carolyn Hart event. And, I'm glad I didn't have to rewrite the entire event, thanks to Bill Crider!

Lesa said...

Oh, Kay. I'm so looking forward to this trip. As you said, shows & book events. And, the panel should be fun. I'm really looking forward to meeting people there!

Lesa said...

I'm excited about the whole trip, LSUReader. Thanks!

kathy d. said...

Lesa,

Sorry, I ended up having a hard weekend and just stayed home reading for a few days, not even blogging.

Hope you had a great time, and next time we can get tea and crumpets.

kathy d. said...

Hi Lesa,

Sorry I got the dates mixed up.

I'm trying to chill out here.

Best wishes on your trip and panels, and look forward to reading about them.

Kathy D.

Lesa said...

That's OK, Kathy. Next time!

Ingrid King said...

Oh, no wish I could make it to BEA this year so I could meet you! Have a wonderful time, Lesa.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Ingrid. I just know we're having a great time in NY, and with doing "librarian" stuff at BEA, I should have fun.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I hope I get to meet you at BEA -- have a great time on your panel - sounds like a neat topic.