Thursday, March 24, 2011

Left Coast Crime - Panel Pictures 1st Day

No informal pictures today from Left Coast Crime, so maybe I need to go hang out in the bar tonight. But, here are pictures from the panels, with apologies to a few people. Hard to get good pictures in meeting rooms while people are speaking. First panel was Hot & Cold: Effect of Climate on Crime. Recaps later.

Lance Zarimba and Vicki Delany - Panel - Hot & Cold: Effect of Climate on Crime

Moderator, Victoria Heckman & Lance Zarimba, Hot and Cold Panel
Lance Zarimba, Vicki Delany & Neil Plakcy
Then, the panel, Focus on the Funny: Humorous Mysteries, with panelists Donna Andrews, Denise "Deni" Dietz, and Jimmy Olsen.

Jimmy Olsen and Deni Dietz

A Poor Picture of Donna Andrews
The last panel I attended today was Supernatural Mysteries, moderated by Rochelle Staab, with authors Nancy Atherton, Darynda Jones, Margaret Lucke and Kris Neri.

Rochelle Staab and Kris Neri
Margaret Lucke and Darynda Jones
Darynda Jones and Nancy Atherton


Kay said...

Oooh, you saw some of my favorite authors here. Can't wait to read your recaps. I'm so glad you are there, Lesa! It's the next best thing to me being there myself.

Lesa said...

And, I have some terrific panels scheduled for tomorrow, Kay. I have to say, Donna Andrews and Deni Dietz did their best on that panel. And, I loved hearing Nancy Atherton.

Janet Rudolph said...

Can't believe we were sitting in the same room, and we still haven't met. I'll rectify this today.. if not at a panel, the hospitality suite or elsewhere..surely at the event tonight!

Rochelle Staab said...

I'm so happy you came to our panel, Lesa! Love the photos you posted - I'm saving them for souvenirs :) I got home to LA yesterday afternoon, missing my cozy room at the La Fonda and schmoozing in the halls with old and new friends. Great conference!

Lesa said...


I'm so glad I told Vicki Delany that I wanted to meet you! And, you had put the word out, too, because Gar Anthony Haywood told me you were looking for me, but we'd already met by that time. I'm so glad I had the chance to meet you.

Lesa said...

You're right, Rochelle. It has been sort of a let-down to be home, hasn't it? It was a terrific conference. And, I'm so glad I had the chance to meet you.

Deni Dietz said...

How come you posted a picture of my mother? Oh, wait, that's me!

Lesa said...

Did the picture of you and Parnell Hall look better Deni, or did you still think it was your mother?