Thursday, June 03, 2010

Winners and Those Thrilling Women Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Kris Neri's Revenge for Old Times' Sake will go to Terry G. from Kent, OH. Our Lady of Immaculate Deception goes to Leah J. of Fort Lee, NJ. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

This week, I'm featuring thrillers by women. You could win Hush by Kate White. Lake Warren thinks her life couldn't get much worse after her husband sues for custody of their kids. But, that's before she has a one-night stand with an attractive doctor, and, the next morning, finds him with his throat slashed. She lies to the police, and while doing her own investigating, she uncovers dark secrets she might not have wanted to know.

Or, you could win Without Mercy by Lisa Jackson. Julia Farentino has been plagued by nightmares ever since her father was stabbed to death. But, her half-sister, Shaylee, has worse problems. She's has a reputation for drug use, theft and vandalism that sends her to an elite boarding school with a reputation for turning wayward kids around. But, there are secrets at the Academy, and with Shay afraid, Julia gets a job as a teacher at the school. The deeper she goes in the investigation, the more she's convinced there's something sinister, and she might be the next target of a killer without mercy.

So, take your chances, Hush or Without Mercy. You can enter to win both books if you'd like, but I need separate entries for each. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: Your subject line should read either, Win "Hush," or Win "Without Mercy." Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, June 10 at 6 p.m. PT. The winners will be selected by random number generator. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!


kathy d. said...

What is it with all of us? Our attraction to books about murders? Of course, they usually are about more than that, but a murder is the crux of a mystery.

Why are we drawn to this? Is it because a crime happens and then it is solved and there is a clear resolution, even though the culprit may not get caught or punished.

kathy d. said...

Also, the "Without Mercy" cover has put my nerves on end. There's menace behind the picture; is the woman dead or horribly injured? It's too scary for me. It's graphic without being graphic, just by innuendo.

Anonymous said...

My Nana was a Head of the libary were she worked all her life.When she retired she even went back to volunteer.I really look up to people who work in libaries.Her love of reading was passed down to me and I remember those weekly visits to my nanas libary

Anonymous said...

I'm a Lisa Jackson fan and would love to win her book.

Lesa said...


I don't read as many thrillers as I do mysteries because they do bother me. I like mysteries in which good triumphs over evil. I think that's why so many of us read them - to find that satisfaction that doesn't always happen.

Lesa said...


And, your Nana passed on her love of reading and libraries to you, didn't she? Thank you from a librarian to a library lover.

Lesa said...


Please send me your mailing address in order to enter the contests -

jenny milchman said...

I agree with Lesa--whether a thriller, mystery, or suspense, I am looking for a book that orders the universe and achieves righteousness. It's one of the key pleasures of these genres for me.

Lesa said...

You're right, Jenny. Ironic that when the news becomes too depressing, a mystery or thriller is the perfect escape because the world will be right again.