Thursday, March 04, 2010

Winners and a New Release contest

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Donna Andrews' Swan for the Money will go to Lisa P. from Chelmsford, MA. You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Kills You by Robert J. Randisi will go to Michael C. of Kalamazoo, MI. The books will go in the mail tomorrow.

This week's contest will end one day early since I'll be leaving for Tucson for the Tucson Festival of Books on Friday. So, enter by Wednesday night!

This week, I'm giving away two recent releases. I have an ARC of Nancy Martin's Our Lady of Immaculate Deception. It's your chance to meet Roxy Abruzzo, a strong-willed single mother, with a few flaws. These flaws can be easily overlooked by many readers, but don't enter to win this one if you're looking for a sweet cozy mystery with a "nice" character. Roxy will be a little too "in-your-face" for some readers. For the rest of us, she's a forthright character who lives her own life, knows she has problems, but lives life by her own rules anyways.




Or you could win Krista Davis' The Diva Paints the Town. Here's a book for
cozy mystery fans. Sometimes it seems as if Sophie Winston is the only sane person in Krista Davis' book. Thank heavens someone keeps their head during the renovation of a house, coordination of a home show, and the investigation of a couple murders. Then, there's the TV diva Sophie has to cope with, who's dating Sophie's ex-husband.



You can enter to win both, but I need separate entries for each. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either, Win "The Diva Paints the Town" or Win "Immaculate Deception." Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Wednesday, March 10 at 6 p.m. MT. The winners will be drawn by random number generator. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Thursday. Good luck!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to win The Diva Paints the Town. It sounds like a great book.
Debbie Penny
2118 carolina
midland mi
48642

Anonymous said...

I would like the book the Immaculate Deception. It sounds like a great book.
Debbie Penny
2118 carolina
midland mi
48642

Lesa said...

Hi Debbie,

I added your name to both contests, but, in the future, to ensure entry, please email me at lholstine@yahoo.com with your name and address. Thanks, and good luck!

Lobbyman said...

My wife has blitzed through the Blackbird Sisters Mysteries, and when I told her about Our Lady of Immaculate Deception she got very excited. As much as I hate to use the "my wife says they are a great read" line, I'd have to say Ms. Martin's mysteries are a great read. (And I hope I win the advanced copy for my wife!)

justpeachy36 said...

justpeachy36@yahoo.com

Please enter me in the give, for The Diva Paints the Town.

Lesa said...

Good luck, Lobbyman. What a nice note about your wife's interest in Nancy Martin's books.

Lesa said...

Good luck, Lobbyman. What a nice note about your wife's interest in Nancy Martin's books.

Lesa said...

Justpeachy36 - Please send your name and mailing address to me at lholstine@yahoo.com by 6 PM MT tonight.