Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon by Mark Di Vincenzo

Believe it or not, I heard the recommendation for this book on a radio sports talk show. Mark Di Vincenzo's book, Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon: A Guide to the Best Time to Buy This, Do That and Go There, has marvelous tips for consumers.

Which is the best day of the week to eat dinner out? Tuesday. When is the best time to take your work cell phone with you on vacation? Never. I do well with the best time of day to go to the post office, and terrible with the best time of day to have a prescription filled. Di Vincenzo covers a wide variety of topics, from financial issues to education to travel. As a journalist with twenty-four years of experience exposing abuse, he understands consumer interest. He also provides an extensive list of experts who provided answers, ranging from the CEO of the National Association for College Admission Counseling to pharmacists and nutritionists. Di Vincenzo's list of sources covers twenty-nine pages.

Jobs, travel, education, shopping. Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon provides practical advice to assist readers in living life with a little more ease, and, maybe, a little more money.

Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon: A Guide to the Best Time to Buy This, Do That, and Go There by Mark Di Vincenzo. HarperCollins, ©2009. ISBN 9780061730887 (paperback), 172p.

FTC Full Disclosure - Library book


Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

I need a book like this! Thanks for the tip, Lesa.

Mystery Writing is Murder
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

Lesa said...

It's a handy little book, Elizabeth. I'm going to booktalk it for my brown bag luncheon, since I think some of the people who come will be interested in it.

bermudaonion said...

Sounds interesting and what a great title!

Ingrid King said...

What an interesting book (although the fact that there actually was a qudestion about when it's okay to take your work cell phone with you on vacation is a sad commentary on our society, isn't it?!). I'll have to check it out.

Nancy Fein said...

Lesa, a nifty little discovery on your part. Thanks for the tip. I love books like this now and then and am always looking for a cool gift for my family members.

Mason Canyon said...

What a neat book. I enjoy books like this that give you bits of information you would never know where to look for. Thanks for sharing.

Lesa said...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments. I was in meetings all day, so just catching up. (Seven straight hours of meetings, with 20 minutes for lunch in there!) I appreciate your comments. And, Ingrid? You're right. That is a sad commentary about taking your work cell phone on vacation. I hate to say it, but, if Jim wasn't retired, I'm sure he'd be guilty.

Lesa said...


I meant to say hi! I'm glad it will help with gift ideas. Very practical book.

Bonnie said...

This sounds like a very interesting book. My husband enjoys books like this and I'll have to check and see if it's on audiobook. He listens to a lot of audiobooks on his commute to and from work.

Lesa said...

Looks like it might be available on e-book, Bonnie. I hope you find what you're looking for!