Thursday, December 03, 2009

Louise Penny Teaser

Patti O'Brien, a friend and fellow blogger, put together a very nice evening Tuesday night. We joined author Louise Penny and her charming husband, Michael, for a wonderful dinner at the Roaring Fork in Scottsdale. I took Louise the best gift I possibly could, her favorite gummi bears. We had a very nice dinner, in a beautiful atmosphere. What could be nicer than good food with friends? It was almost as if we were in Three Pines, sitting in the bistro, enjoying conversation.

After dinner, we all went to the Poisoned Pen Bookstore. Louise joined Peter Robinson for Canadian Night, and, after Barbara Peters kicked off the conversation, Louise and Peter talked about books. My summary, with pictures of Louise and Peter, will be up tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a picture of Louise and Michael, taken at dinner. Louise says Michael is the role model for her wonderful character, Chief Inspector Armand Gamache. Michael said, remember, Louise writes fiction. (I don't think so, now that I've met Michael!)


Kay said...

What a nice picture! I'm glad you all had a lovely dinner. I'm looking forward to reading your summary tomorrow. :-)

Lesa said...

Thank you, Kay! It was a terrific dinner. Isn't that a warm picture?