Monday, August 17, 2009

Brent Ghelfi's Book Release Party - The Venona Cable

I'm going to a book launch party tomorrow night, and you're invited! Of course, I received my invitation personally from Brent Ghelfi, but he said I could invite anyone I wanted. So, I'm inviting all of you to the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix for the book launch for Brent's new book, The Venona Cable.

Here's the invitation, as written by The Poisoned Pen Bookstore.

"The Poisoned Pen and Brent and Lisa Ghelfi invite you to the National Launch for Brent's third thriller, The Venona Cable (Holt $25)

"The party starts at 7:30 pm (doors open at 6:30) at the fabled resort at 2400 E Missouri. It's free! Look for us in the Grand Ballroom.

"Much praised by James Sallis, Brad Thor, Lee Child, and Greg Iles, Ghelfi works in Martin Cruz Smith territory but with a kind of anti-hero in Alexei Volkovoy. First met in Volk's Game ($14) and Volk's Shadow ($14 signed firsts), Volk becomes involved in Cold War espionage and disinformation when a famous Hollywood filmmaker is found dead in Moscow and decrypted documents from the Venona Cables are released. The Soviet messages had implicated the Rosenbergs, Alger Hiss, Kim Philby, tons of other Soviet spies. How crucial is a difference on one marked-up intercept, and why must Volk suddenly clear his long-missing pilot father's name? It's a great read."

I'm going! If you're in Phoenix tomorrow night, I hope to see you!

The Venona Cable by Brent Ghelfi. Henry Holt, ©2009. ISBN 9780805088946 (hardcover), 336p.

No comments: