Monday, October 06, 2008

I Still Have It...I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It

I love comedian Rita Rudner. Her humor is clean, and it's about real life. And, since I'm over fifty, there are sections of her latest book, I Still Have It...I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It, that strike home. With a subtitle, "Confessions of a Fiftysomething," it has familiar moments for the target audience.

Rudner now performs exclusively in Las Vegas, but if you've seen her on TV, you'll hear her voice as you read. One chapter talks about "The Knee-Jerk No," and learning to say yes to new experiences. It's how she met her husband. Rudner talks about losing her mother, her aging father, her daughter's birthday party, turning fifty. There are stories to laugh at with understanding, and stories that will touch the reader. Rudner has a beautiful tribute to her mother. It makes fun of her cooking, but the love shines through.

Rita Rudner's book is as fun and warm as I always imagined her. If you'd like to read a woman's view of life, seen with humor, check out I Still Have It...I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It.

I Still Have It...I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It: Confessions of a Fiftysomething by Rita Rudner. Harmony Books, ©2008. ISBN 9780307394590 (hardcover), 224p.

2 comments:

caite said...

I agree that she is very funny! I saw a report about her on TV recently, how she appears in Vegas and about her and her family. She just seemed like a nice, and naturally funny, person that doesn't have to be vulgar to get laughs.
I will have to check this book out!

Lesa said...

That's what I like about Rita Rudner, Caite. She isn't vulgar. And, I think her humor would appeal to a great number of women.