Saturday, June 15, 2013

What are you Reading?

I have a family weekend, spending it with Mom, my sisters, and their families. There's a high school graduation party, strawberries and homemade shortcake, and attending "Wicked" this weekend. However, I'd still love to know what you're reading.

I'm just starting Susan C. Shea's latest Dani O'Rourke mystery, The King's Jar. The King's Jar, a priceless
African artifact, was authenticated by a renowned archaeologist and acquired by the prestigious San Francisco Devor Museum of Art and Artifacts. Dani O'Rourke is the Devor's chief fundraiser, so the death of the archaeologist and the disappearance of the artifact means all of her skills are called on. She's diplomatic, discreet, and passionate about her work. Right now, that means finding the killer and the missing artifact.

So, what are you reading this weekend, or you enjoying beautiful summer weather in another way?

13 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I just started a YA book , Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore. It's about a girl who can speak to the dead.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading Together Tea by Marjan Kamali. It is about a family that left Iran during the Revolution. It describes life in Iran in the late 70s. Then their assimilation in NYC after they left and then life during a visit twenty years later. Really good.

Karen C said...

Just finished an ARC of Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie (boook club). Daughter moves to Arizona so not sure what I'll have time to read.

Mrs. Mac said...

The First Commandment by Brad Thor has my bookmark right now. I thought I had read all his books, but this one I missed -- so I'm glad he put out the challenge to read one Thor/"Harvath" book per month for 2013. It's filling in details that puzzled me in this series. Have a great time, Lesa!

Judith said...

I just finished Victoria Thompson's Murder in Chelsea, a turning point in the characters' lives and I can't wait to read the next one!

Also The Bughouse Affair by Muller and Pronzini, the first in a new series. I know I read the short story that set up this pair but can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Judith

Jane R said...

I'm within a few pages of finishing Deadly Virtues by Jo Bannister. (thank you for the review, Lesa!) Great book and I highly recommend it. Next out of the starting gate will probably be On the Ropes by Tom Schreck. It's a new series for me.

CindyD said...

Just finished THE TIME BETWEEN by Karen White. Her first hardcover and very good.

Page said...

I'm reading two ARC's.

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
The Wife, The Maid,And the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon

Leemarie said...

Nearly finished with "Crashed" by Tim Hallinan. You might recall that I was concerned I wouldn't like the main character since he's a burglar, but in this first in the series, "Junior" has gotten himself in such a fix, that I'm rooting for him to nail the bad guys. Great writing, too, btw. On my TBR pile is "The Good Cop" by Brad Parks and "A Serpent's Tooth" by Craig Johnson. Have a lovely weekend with your family!

Heidi McCarthy said...

Just finished The Rope by Nevada Barr.
Love these books.
Starting Fiber and Brimstone!!

Trisha said...

I just finished "Code name Verity", which I loved, so I am re-reading it while waiting for the author's next book.

Lesa said...

I just love reading these posts. It's great to catch up on what everyone is reading. Thank you!

Susan C Shea said...

Thanks for the shout out Lesa. I might have missed the review, if you had time in your busy schedule to review it. You've just reviewed Terry Shames' debut novel and I share your thumbs up on it. A wonderful first in what will be a strong series.