Saturday, February 16, 2013

Donis Casey's Note

Earlier this week, I posted information about Poisoned Pen Press' contest for a new author. It seemed topical because of the discussion about Poisoned Pen Press' authors on DorothyL. Donis Casey writes one of my favorite series that they publish. The series features Alafair Tucker, a ranch wife and mother of a large family in Oklahoma in the early 1900s. Although they are mysteries, Donis based some of the characters on her own ancestors.

Wrong Hill to Die On is the latest in the series. In that one, Alafair and her husband, Shaw, take their daughter, Blanche, to Arizona, hoping the dry climate will help her with a lung ailment. They're staying with Alafair's sister in Tempe, but things are in turmoil there. Her sister's marriage has fallen apart, and Alafair suspects her sister may be involved in something dangerous. Then, Alafair finds a body in a ditch, a murder victim.

My sister and I love this series, but I have to admit with the move I'm behind in reading everything, including this book. I brought my copy of Wrong Hill to Die On with me though, and I will read it.

Donis Casey is another author who appeared regularly at Velma Teague. I can't thank her enough for appearing there, and for her comments in my gift book. Here is Donis' note.

"Lesa, I know you'll be just as loved and appreciated in Evansville as you are here in Arizona, and I hope you love your new job. But I don't know what we're going to do without you.

Hugs, Donis"

And, Donis? I miss seeing you and everyone else at the  Poisoned Pen Bookstore.

Donis Casey's website is www.doniscasey.com




3 comments:

Joe Barone said...

Yes. We always leave a part of ourselves behind.

On another subject--Gosh, how much I love Donis Casey's books.

Lesa said...

Me, too, Joe. That family is so interesting, and I love the details about their lives.

brizmus said...

Wow, I don't think I've ever read this kind of book before ever.