Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Reminder Note

As I've said before, I'm grateful for every ARC and book that authors, publishers, and publicists send me. I'm sorry I can't get to every one of them. I do try to mention them all, at one time or another, either here or on my Facebook page.

But, a reminder. I moved to Indiana almost two months ago. If books are being sent by UPS to my Arizona address, you'll be getting them back. UPS does not forward packages, as the mail does. Email me at Lesa.Holstine@gmail.com if you need the new address. I know I tried to give it to many of you.

And, I have been receiving packages, usually from small presses, with postage due. After making four trips to the post office in the last few weeks to get packages, I'm not going to do that anymore. The slip I receive does say who it's from. If that package doesn't come from someone I recognize, I'm not going to make the trip and pay the postage due. I'm sorry. Within a few weeks, you'll be getting it back. I take my packages to the post office, have them weighed, and pay the correct postage. The post office here is not easy for me to get to, so I'm not going to pick up unknown packages and pay postage on them.

I'm sorry this needed to be said, but I did want to acknowledge that there are packages of books being sent that some of you will be getting back.

3 comments:

Carol N Wong said...

I completely understand! We moved recently and I tried to update my address on the UPS system that sends an e-mail that a package is coming. I couldn't do it. I was on the phone for an hour talking to a nice lady who had to give up. There is a long battery of questions about where you lived in the past and your past phone numbers so it looks like I will never get up dated because my information only goes back ten years! Yesterday, I got a note from UPS that $6.60 was due and all it said for the sender was "Book". So frustrated!

Karen C said...

Makes perfect sense to me; don't blame you one bit.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Carol & Karen. It has been a little frustrating.