Friday, January 25, 2013

Julie Hyzy's Note

I just reviewed Julie Hyzy's bestselling mystery, Fonduing Fathers. Julie has written three series. Her White House Chef mysteries feature Olivia (Ollie) Paras. The first of the five books, The State of the Onion, won the Anthony and Barry Awards for Best Paperback, and I was lucky enough to be in the audience when Buffalo West Wing won the 2012 Anthony Award for Best Paperback. That weekend at Bouchercon was also the first time I met Julie Hyzy, although it seems as if I've known her since 2008 when The State of the Onion came out. Julie's website is www.juliehyzy.com.

Thank you, Julie, for this note in my book.

"Dear Lesa,

Evansville is so lucky! And you know what? I am too, because now you're a little bit closer to my hometown? Not like I'm looking at this selfishly or anything <grin> Congratulations on your new position! You bring sunshine wherever you go and we all love you for it. Funny how this Internet works - I've considered you a dear friend for years even though we only met in person for the first time this year. I can't tell you how hapy I was to finally get a chance to give you a real hug.

Best of luck, Lesa. You don't need it, of course. You are the best. Thank you for all you do.

Big hugs,
Julie Hyzy"


8 comments:

Karen B said...

What a lovely note - and the book is EXCELLENT!!

Lesa said...

Isn't it, Karen? My favorite in the series.

SandyG265 said...

I read the first two books in this series but couldn't really get into it.

Lesa said...

That's Ok, Sandy. It's not for everyone. And, one of my sisters bogged down about there, too. Those of us who kept going found relationships changing and the series getting even better. But, it just might not be for you.

Liz V. said...

Have enjoyed WH chef and Manor House series.

Karen C said...

A great note from Julie! I would have been in tears reading through your book.

Ingrid King said...

What a lovely note! I love Julie's books.

Lesa said...

I was in tears reading through the book, Karen. And, although I'm enjoying sharing the notes, there are one or two that are so personal I'm not sharing then.