Monday, January 28, 2013

Beth Hoffman's Note

It's no secret that Beth Hoffman and I became friends after I reviewed her debut novel, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, for Library Journal. I treasure our friendship, our correspondence, and the memories of our visit when Beth came to see me in Arizona. A long time ago, a friend made the comment that he never saw two people glory in each others' successes the way my college roommate and I did. That's how I feel about Beth. She worked hard for the success of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, and she deserved it. Now, I can't wait to read her May release, Looking for Me. I'm sure I'll be writing more about it. In the meantime, just check out the gorgeous cover. That says "Beth Hoffman" to me.

And, what did Beth write in my gift book? Beth sent a handwritten and designed card, showing a cat in a suitcase ready to travel. (She's met my cats.) Thank you, Beth, for this note.

"Dear Friend, Lesa,

You are a true friend and a valued voice in the book world.

I'm wishing you every success in this new chapter of your 'Life Book'.

Much love,
Beth"

Thank you, my friend. And, for those who don't know about the "Life Book", you'll want to pick up Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. (I own three copies.)

Beth Hoffman's website is www.bethhoffman.net

With Beth Hoffman at the Velma Teague Library

6 comments:

Beth Hoffman said...

Strong women have always inspired me. To pull up stakes and move across the country with FIVE kitties in your car and then begin a brand new job (all in just a few short weeks), puts you in a mighty special place -- you are my heroine!

Thank you for the kind words, Lesa.

XO!

Lesa said...

Beth,

Your life is an inspiration to me. It takes courage to battle back from illness and totally change your life. All you have to do is look in the mirror to see a strong woman.

Hugs!

Karen C said...

Lovely post. Have added both books to my wish list.

Meg Waite Clayton said...

I am so jealous that Beth got to meet your cats! And I also am looking forward to reading Looking for Me.

Lesa said...

Oh, good, Karen. I hope you have the chance to read them.

Lesa said...

Meg,

I'm sorry I made it hard for you by moving to Indiana, just when we thought you might be able to come for Authors @ The Teague. Sorry about that.:(