Wednesday, January 02, 2013

A Poem from Craig Johnson

As I said on New Year's Eve, author friends sent me wonderful notes for my goodbye party at The Poisoned Pen, and Chantelle Aimee Osman put them together in a book. I'm leaving tomorrow, and don't know how often I'll have the chance to write on the blog in the next week or so. But, some days I'm going to share some of the notes, and I have a guest reviewer, another librarian, for a few of the days.

Craig Johnson's poem kicks off the book. Craig is the author of the Walt Longmire books that became so popular on A&E last summer. You'll want to check out his books while you're waiting for the new season to start. I'm going to miss Craig at Left Coast Crime in 2013. He's the Guest of Honor, and Lou Diamond Phillips, one of the stars of Longmire, is going to interview him. If you get the chance, you should go.

Thank you, Craig, for the following poem, and for sharing hats with me.

Missing Lesa Holstine by Craig Johnson

Writers write for different reasons
But I write for readers like Lesa
Readers that don't miss anything
Don't miss the social commentary
Don't miss the depth of character
Don't miss the trajectory of story
Don't miss the humor
Now when I come to Arizona
I'll miss Lesa.




4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Aw, I love the poem! That book sounds like a treasure!

Beth Hoffman said...

What a wonderful poem!

Karen C said...

Aww! So very nice, Lesa. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading more from your 'fans'!

holdenj said...

That's so nice! A friend just got me started on the Walt Longmire series, read the first two last month!